Some interesting ideas of how languages could evolve in the future...
7 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I would definitely not want to code in JSON or XML!!!
Perhaps the author just meant the way to store the data representing your source code (at least I hope that's what he meant), as otherwise people just use their IDE to view the representation of those programs more nicely.Apr 10, 2012
- I think the author was Logically retarted on #1 or #2. I'm wondering what he was smooking at that time.Apr 10, 2012
- source code should not store in plain text file, and you should be able to use text editor to write the file? I just got an idea, can he write a JPEG file with text editor?Apr 10, 2012
- For sure I wouldn't want to edit that manually :-)Apr 10, 2012
- 1986 and people were proposing and building IDEs with code stored as ASTs on disk. No traction because programmers had to use Emacs or Vi. Sad.Apr 10, 2012
- let the cows live in a good IDE, ;-)Apr 10, 2012
- A great link from http://www.andrewbragdon.com/codebubbles_site.asp, thanks for sharing, I hadn't heard of it. In the website of the guy who did that, he also mentioned the Code Bubbles projects which was interesting too:
There's certainly some nice ideas in there that could be studied further to improve our IDEs and editors. Very inspiring.Apr 16, 2012
- The followup article is more interesting : http://joshondesign.com/2012/03/14/sacred-cows-2Apr 19, 2012
Add a comment...