I am happy to announce the release of Gmvault v1.7-beta. Go to http://gmvault.org/download.html
to get it.
In Gmvault v1.7-beta, many features and bug fixes have been added.
Amongst the most important: the GTalk chats can now be backed up and the stability of Gmvault has been greatly improved to allow the backup and restoration of huge mail boxes.
Please check the release note below to get the full details about the improvments brought out by Gmvault v1.7-beta.
- GTalk chat logs are now backed up when the Chats label can be accessed via IMAP.
- GTalk chats can be restored in any accounts in the label gmvault-chats as the official Gmail Chats label in read-only.
- Add the check command for cleaning your Gmvault db. With check, Gmvault-db will reflect your Gmail account and emails that have been trashed on Gmail will be deleted from the Gmvault-db.
- The check option used to keep in sync the Gmvault-db with your Gmail account is now by default activated in the sync mode. Use option "--check-db" no to deactivate it.
Beware if you have a Gmvault db containg emails from multiple accounts: You will have to resync in quick mode with --db-cleaning no with both accounts to no have part of it deleted.
- Add options --chats-only and --emails-only to synchronise only emails or chats.
- Create default configuration file $HOME/.gmvault/gmvault_defaults.conf in order to make some options customisable.
- Change quick sync time to 7 days and restore time to one month to speed-up the quick modes. It can be configured in $HOME/.gmvault/gmvault_defaults.conf.
- The default dir $HOME/.gmvault can now be moved with the ENV variable GMVAULT_DIR. [Github features #57].
- Memory Consumption bug in socket and imap_lib layer fixed. [Github issue #42, #54, #45]
- Stability dramatically improved. Cpu infinite Consumption bug fixed in ssl layer. [Github issue #51, #45]
- When Restored unread messages are now always marked as unread in Gmail. A bug was preventing them to be restored as unread in some cases.
- Restore emails in chronologic order. Before they were restored in filesystem listing order.
- Mac OSX and Linux Gmvault clients can now be contained by a directory name with a space character.
- Handle NULL character in emails that was preventing them from being restored. The emails are now moved to the quarantine area.
Web site Activity:
- Create Google Group Gmvault-Users
- Add a Gmail Setup part
- Create a contact page
- Extend the In Depth page
Special shoutouts to the following githubbers that help me in raising issues, testing intermediate version and help me improving Gmvault.
Github id:@jarsac, @mdwheaton, @halu, @bommy, @3formit, @manuelmeurer, @Najihel, @kristofferRi, @laserson, @rouge8, @dmd, @burkemw3
Also shoutouts to all the users that sent me support emails and raised issues by emails.
A million time thank you for the benevolent donors that are forever in the Gmvault Pantheon and All of Fame for their gesture.
Daniel Brass, Fabien Dubois, Stijn Jonker, ADEMARIO ARAUJO JR, Matt Burke, Kraut Computing, Wolfgang Schwaiger, Joanne Kaye, Bernardino Santos.
Keep supporting Open Source projects to make the world better !