- Creative Outreach, 2013 - present
- Design Recruiter, 2011 - 2015
- DigitasProduction Design, 2000 - 2005
- BMG MusicDesigner, 2005 - 2005
- Kenneth ColeDesigner, 2005 - 2007
- Village VoiceJr Art Director, 1999 - 2000
- Pittsburgh City PaperWriter, 1997 - 1999
- Crispin Porter + BoguskySr Talent Scout, 2010 - 2011
:: Passion for design, communication, people.
:: Songs featured on the CW/WB Network, MTV and MTV2, in commercials for American Express and in indie films; scored sound-alikes, soundtracks and jingles, records and produces in his home studio; a member of BMI.
Stuff people have said:
Time Out New York says 'Hoy's clear-eyed rock is fueled by straight-up melodicism.'
The Deli Magazine says 'It’s nice to be reminded that AC/DC and Black Flag essentially both started with dirtbags who like loud amps...fits nicely into the company of artists from the previous decade such as Urge Overkill and Guided by Voices who fashioned Arena rock for VFW Halls.'
Punk Planet says 'Fortified with 10 essential hooks that'll bounce through your head well after the disc's end.'
Pittsburgh Post Gazette says 'A power-pop explosion fueled by hooks you'll swear must grow on trees outside the singer's Brooklyn window.' (Masley)
International Cork says 'Muscular with brains, brainy with muscle, Greg Hoy writes the kind of left-of-the-dial rock that the repeat button on your cd player was designed for.'
The Big Takeover says 'Hoy has to be the best power-pop record I've ever heard recorded entirely by one person. Is he for real?' (Jack Rabid)
Recorded self-releases can be previewed at http://www.cdbaby.com/all/hoy
- Westminster CollegeEnglish, 1991 - 1995