We will be releasing our new Wi-Fi enabled grills/controllers on Aug 1st!
We are so glad to see the excitement around our new announcement. For those of you who have been with GMG for a long time, you know that we have always tried to make improvements from the day we released our first grill and we continue to want to improve our grills. We’ve built our grills with features like turbo-mode, low pellet alarm, cyclone firebox, built-in meat probe, peaked lid, fan only mode, remote control, positive pressure fan, etc, etc, etc.
With the success of our flagship Daniel Boone and Jim Bowie grills, we recently released our Davy Crockett grill to tackle the portable and entry level market. But we didn’t leave well enough alone. We’re proud to announce after 14 months of hard work, we have developed our new Wi-Fi enabled grill and it is finished and ready for launch on August 1st.
Here are some additional details to help answer some of those burning questions
- ability to control your grill from the Android/iOS device
- Timer and Profile capability – For example: smoke @ 150 for 4 hours, then turn grill up to 325 until meat probe reaches 180 then turn down to 150 to keep warm
- Then save a cooking profile that you have found successful to be able to reuse that cooking program again and again
- If you don’t have a compatible device, you may purchase our control device for $50
Phase 1 – Point-to-point Wi-Fi (immediately) – using a smartphone or device connected wireless directly to the controller (Android or iOS)
Phase 2 – Internet via GMG’s server (approx. 1st Qtr 2015) – Wi-Fi controller will connect to GMG’s server via your home Wi-Fi and then be controlled by your device anywhere you have internet connectivity
Phase 3 – Social Networking (Later 2015) – Sharing of cooking profiles with other GMG owners and other features
- New Wi-Fi DB ($759 MSRP) and JB ($999 MSRP) will be available August 1st
- This is a change in the controller, which will be purchasable to all existing grills via the upgrade kit ($199 MSRP)
We hope you are as excited as we are and hope you appreciate our desire to continue to improve our products. We’ll be updating our website in a few days with all the information about our new controller!