Another great meeting of information on social marketing.
This time the panel of social media experts came for the tourism and hospitality industry. Including sharing thoughts as CEO of the ;
explaining the nuances of managing for local golf venues under ; and
Franny Karkosak providing valuable insights from the restaurant side of TGIF Friday's
As side note, processed the photos using the new +GooglePhotos mobile app. Love the new app and works well synching between iPhone (where I took all photos and videos) and iPad (where the bigger screen is easier to view and edit). And in a few auto-awesome photos (I think it's called something different now) and it's way easy to use.
Sharing the photo album to other social platforms (eg Twitter) was real easy.
Google+ always makes me smile when they auto awesome a photo, or in this case a few photos.
I took these photos during the +NDCC annual luncheon yesterday. With my iPhone 5s and the 12x lens attached.
Off early this morning from Dallas to Austin. Tomorrow is 3rd annual Keep Austin Agile 2015 show.
I'm attending for the first time as I have joined and we are sponsor of event.
About to get my geek on as I learn about the latest Agile scrum techniques and find companies who need software development help.
See all the speakers and program:
Follow the fun with hashtag #KeepAustinAgile2015 and #agileaustin .
A week ago, I was in Kingston, Ontario walking by the lake. Lovely afternoon to take a few photos along the edge of Lake Ontario.
I'm still impressed in the quality of the iPhone. These were taken with my iPhone 5s. The lighting system works amazingly well!
Here's a few as we say goodbye to winter and anxiously anticipate the warmth of summer...
#winter2015 #iphoneography #winterscapes
In spite of tropical storm Bill beating rain and wind on Dallas, the crowd enjoyed share his Passion for Purpose presentation. Celebrating the 90 volunteers who support DFWAMA's 600 strong membership, it was an enjoyable celebration.
A few photos for the luncheon.
I have years of photos uploaded in my Google+ Page in various albums.
Is there information on how these photos (and videos) get migrated to new Google Photos? Do you have any general information to help guide my migration from what I've been using for years (Google+) to the new Google Photos.
An interesting meeting for MENGDFW members to learn insights related to answering this question.
From CEOs, CFOs and directors, the question question, "do ads really work" is constantly posed. And for years, marketers have had to justify and defend their adverting budgets, often without factual data.
The DFW Chapter set out to tackle this question in its recent March 2015 meeting. Former CMO of Frito Lay, Dwight Risky presented the results of a truly enlightening study that he conducted. Keeping variables in check, he created an experiment that spanned multiple years testing the effectiveness of TV adverting.
The attendees were also invited to share their thoughts by watching 15 different ads and guess which ones were effective (increased sales) and which ones didn’t. Need-less-to-say, the batting average of the group was not extremely high!
The study did provide factual evidence that TV ads have a positive correlation on sales. However, not all ads worked. So, beside proving ads have an impact, the study provided isights to help produce effective ads.
1. Have something “meaningful” to say -- Newsworthy. Relevant
2. Be Dramatic - new works (whatever in the minds of the consumer)
3. Small brands work
4. Quick Impact - ads that will work, will deliver within a quarter
5. Spread ads more efficient and effective
6. Effective ads have residual effects
7. Humor or Celebrities – can work, or not be needed
#mengonline #advertising #mengdfw
For a few more photos from the event: http://goo.gl/fAhhvK
- Queen's Unviversity at Kingston, OntarioBachelor of Commerce, 1978 - 1982Marketing, finance, management accounting
I'm a strategic marketer who enjoys the challenges of marketing technology solutions. From product management and product marketing to sales and business development, I've developed a broad understanding of sales and marketing. Leading teams and getting things done is a skill and a passion.
Years of experience:
My 30 years of experience spans start-ups, publicly-traded companies and privately-owned business in US and international markets. I enjoy tackling tough problems and finding ways to achieve successful outcomes.
- Photography - including using iPhone and gadgets to get business and family pics
- Social Marketing - using and learning from new social platforms
- Small Business - effectively using technology to drive efficiency and profitability
- Connections & Networking - helping others help others
- Business Management - factors that make successful companies
- Dallas Startup Eco-System - encouraging the startup entrepreneurial scene in Dallas
I'm a self-proclaimed gadget lover who is behind the lens, fulfilling my passion for photography. My wife Anne and I were born in Toronto, ON and live in Plano, TX (Dallas) with our 2 yellow labs. Our 2 children are embarking on their own careers.
- Growth Acceleration PartnersPrincipal, 2015 - present
- WickPoint Management Services (owner)Founder & Principal, 2001 - present
- System ID | Barcode SolutionsVP Marketing, 2013 - 2014
- Wasp Barcode TechnologiesVP Marketing, VP Business Development, 2006 - 2013
- EZ PrintsEVP Sales & Marketing, 1999 - 2001
- MicrografxVP Marketing, VP Business Development, Product Manager, 1989 - 1999
- NBISales, Canadian Marketing Manager, 1985 - 1989
- London Life Insurance CoSales, 1983 - 1985