- Michigan State UniversityInstructor, 2012 - presentI teach the New Media Drivers License (sm) at Michigan State University. This graduate level course teaches new media marketing and how to grow your business and personal brand through internet marketing technologies. The New Media Drivers License is offered to Michigan State University and Walsh College students. Learn more about the course at: http://newmediadl.cas.msu.edu
- Truscott RossmanDirector of Digital Media/Detroit Office Director, 2010 - presentCurrently direct all digital media activities for Truscott Rossman’s roster of local, statewide, national and international clients, and for the firm as a whole. I'm also the director of TR's Detroit office. Won the 2012 Public Relations Society of America Central Michigan Chapter Pinnacle Award for best use of a Social Medium (for a statewide Google Maps-based “Pothole Map” campaign for the Michigan Infrastructure and Transportation Association). Directed all digital media activities (from website to email list to social media to online video) for the CARE for Michigan Coalition's campaign to defeat Proposal 3 on the November 2012 ballot, which received over 60 percent of the statewide vote.
- Office of Governor Jennifer M. GranholmNew Media Director, 2010 - 2010Planned and executed all new media activities for Gov. Granholm’s official state office, as well as new media strategy for the State of Michigan. Served as media staff for the governor at events, working with reporters to ensure they had what they needed for stories. Produced and edited regular web videos and online photo albums to show Gov. Granholm’s activities around the state, with web videos gaining notice on the official YouTube blog and on TechPresident. Served as front-line communications spokesperson for the governor’s office. Wrote content for online and offline use, ranging from major speeches and press releases to essays by the Governor on sites like The Huffington Post and Grist. Continued to grow Gov. Granholm’s social media presence on Twitter and Facebook with regular updates, becoming one of the leading Democratic governors using social media in the nation. Helped develop the state’s first new media policy for use by state departments, and worked with each department to implement the plan.
- John D. Dingell for CongressNew Media Director, 2010 - 2010Assisted the Dingell campaign with expanding its new media presence. Helped the campaign launch new website at dingellforcongress.com to replace out of date site. Authored all campaign e-mails and website content; also developed online petition drives to expand the Dingell e-mail list, increasing the list size by 38 percent. Raised nearly $120,000 from fundraising emails and website. Drafted pieces for Congressman Dingell for The Huffington Post and Daily Kos. Assisted campaign with other rapid response and communications efforts, ranging from social media strategy to rapid response at the campaign’s debate.
- A Whole Lot of People Supporting John CherryDeputy Director of New Media, 2009 - 2010Launched and maintained peopleforcherry.com, recognized by Dome Magazine as one of the leading Michigan 2010 candidate websites. Directed John Cherry’s social media presence on Twitter and Facebook, including launching the first Twitter account for a Lt. Governor in the nation. Produced content for print and web use, ranging from one-page advertisements to newspaper op-eds to YouTube videos. Managed the Cherry e-mail program, including drafting all campaign e-mails. Performed opposition research and compilation of daily blog/social media clips for internal campaign use.
- Granholm Leadership FundNew Media Director, 2008 - 2010Planned and executed all Internet activities for Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm’s political office. Launched one of the first gubernatorial Twitter accounts in March 2008, which has grown to over 16,000 followers. Expanded Governor Granholm’s Facebook page by over 12,000 fans. Worked to build the Michigan netroots, presenting at training sessions throughout the state and at Netroots Nation 2009. Coordinated a door-to-door field campaign during the ’08 cycle in targeted State House races; winning twelve out of thirteen races. Volunteered for the last two months of the 2008 presidential campaign at the Michigan Obama/Coordinated Campaign headquarters, working in the New Media department. Production of other content (written, graphic design, and video) for Governor Granholm’s political activities.
- Kalamazoo CollegeHistory, Political Science, 2004 - 2005
- James Madison College, Michigan State UniversityPolitical Theory and Constitutional Democracy, 2005 - 2008
Westinghouse Time Capsules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Construction. The two time capsules are bullet-shaped, measure 90 inches (2.29 m) in length, and have an exterior casing of about eigh
How to Install Private Internet Access VPN on a Chromebook « Expressions...
Getting a Private Internet Access VPN to work on a Chromebook using Chrome OS is easy. You just need to know how.
This Spanish developer helped rebuild Lima and now he’s betting big on r...
Who would see promise in a bankrupt Detroit and invest in an infamous factory abandoned 60 years ago? A Spanish developer who lost everythin
Detroit rappers take credit for brutal assault, robbery of Doughboyz sta...
Fans pledged retaliation, and one even offered a $30,000 bounty for the head of one of the rappers. An escalation of violence is feared.
Bancroft Copy of the Gettysburg Address. - Google Cultural Institute
Cornell University Library’s copy of Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address is one of five known copies in Lincoln’s hand. Written out by Pres