How can you help grow G+ for everybody's benefit
Google+ is estimated to have almost 1.1 billion accounts. Unfortunately only a part of these accounts are active. Google+ is pretty much superior in every regard, but it's still behind Facebook in the number of active users. We would all benefit from more active users. If you want to help Google+ grow and have more active users you can follow some of these tips:
• Use a service like +Friends+Me
to automatically repost your Google+ updates on your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Consider using the option to link back to the original Google+ posts.
• Invite your friends and colleagues to use Hangouts instead of Skype or other teleconferencing services. Show them the unique features of Hangouts.
• Most new people don't know who to follow to make Google+ a rewarding experience. Help your friends build their circles by recommending communities and shared circles that match their interests.
• Encourage your friends to use G+ more by plussing, commenting and sharing their posts.
• Include your friends with particular special interests and competence in appropriate circles, share the circles and let them know their audience is ready for their opinion.
• Tell your friends on Facebook and Twitter why you like Google+. For example: powerful search, good quality enhanced pictures, automatically created animated gifs, no ads, clean design, 3 column layout for big screens, great mobile apps, great people, good quality discussion, SEO value, etc. Suggest more in comments if I missed something.
Graph source: http://plus.miernicki.com