Field Trip, our location-based mobile app that helps you engage with the physical world around you, is now available for Android users in the UK. Built by Niantic Labs, a mobile apps development team within Google, Field Trip is like having a local friend with you, occasionally pointing out an unknown architectural gem, the site where a famous movie scene was filmed, or a hidden story that you may never have discovered on your own. So download the app now from Google Play and start exploring the world around you.
55 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 10 previous comments
- Why do people follow Google UK and complain when it posts about things in the UK?Dec 18, 2012
- I want to see UK posts, don't want to hear from the people that can't download.Dec 18, 2012
- Not a lot going on in Devon :-( Hopefully more sources will be added - Wikipedia seems an obvious one?
Would also be nice to be able to add your own feed – I made the website for a photographer who often writes blog posts about interesting things in Devon. Right now the posts aren't geotagged, and he doesn't have hundreds, but I'd enjoy being able to add them here.Dec 18, 2012
- Yeah Wikipedia could be amazing, it's already a layer on Google Maps. I just wanted an app to read the first paragraph of the Wiki article whenever I passed within 50metres of the place.Dec 18, 2012
- , , , have a listen to this man, and ^ (commented above me).
An additional optional layer of s location info resources in , like in , could be awesome! Maybe?
/Plus-tagging Master ClassDec 18, 2012
- very nice, thanks for the heads up,, installed :-)Dec 19, 2012
Add a comment...