We matched last night's real-time #SOTU to bring you a min-by-min breakdown of the speech! Take a look!searches to 's
78 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 28 previous comments
- I'm a fool for involving myself, but...
Didn't Bush Jr. raise the middle income percentile's tax, leaving the lower and upper unchanged?Feb 14, 2013
- well no. The infamous "Bush" tax cut went across the board. Remember that O wanted to leave the middle class cuts and of course punish the evil 1 percent. So as much a we are told that all evil and social injustice in embedded into the tax code to coddle to rich and punish the hard working serfs, it never been true. Why not make all taxes the same rate. I mean if you make more, you pay more, but that's to simple and it doesn't allow for the old shell game were political hack can tax some other group. Envy, one of the 7 deadly sins.Feb 14, 2013
- Thank you for clarifying that for me!Feb 14, 2013
- my view on it is that our government is made up of 3 main parts that can effect change. The house, senate, and presidency. He who controls 2 or more of those is who is calling the shots. From 1995-2006 republicans controlled 2+. From 2007-present the democrats have controlled 2+.
An amazing coincidence right? Republicans run things for 12 years and we have economic stability. Yet the minute democrats come into power the whole thing goes to hell.
I'm sure you'll just argue that it was just the republican policies hit terminal velocity, but if you actually view the government this way for the last 30+ years there's a common trend: reps improve and grow the economy, dems destroy or stagnate. Feb 14, 2013
- What about all the bad things that Obama is doing? Let's start with the oil pipeline among a mired of other problems we are facing. If you don't report truth you are biased and contributing to ignorance and the distruction of the republic. This country is in huge trouble but you wouldn't know it to read here. Are you guys living under a rock?Jun 9, 2013
- Yes. There's lots of moss under here. And some earthworms.Jun 9, 2013