I think most of us here enjoy Google products and services, so let's take this in a more positive direction by offering a list of suggestions to improve the experience for the future. Here are my suggestions:
- Reward your loyal customers with a REAL incentive: bump the play store credit at least $15 to offset the shipping fees others didn't have to pay OR another $25 cause it's only a "win" for Google to hook us on more +Google Play
content. Your loyal fans watching I/O and pre-ordering should be treated better...or at least the same.
- Communicate better: no excuse in today's connected world to be so mum on shipping dates, etc. I can only imagine how much different the perception would be had they posted this a day ago. (take note all you fellow Marketing professionals)
- Allow retailers to be primarily responsible for distribution (follow video game model)
- Use more distribution partners (UPS, USPS, Fedex, etc): a number of sources indicate potential issues with UPS and package volume.
Online Order System
- Better address validation: I had an order with a PO Box accepted, even though that wasn't possible via the shipping company.
- Allow online cancellations: I was only able to cancel by "refusing shipment", because after the 1st hour of placing the order, it was impossible to cancel...again, unacceptable in today's web world.
I'm sure I'll think of others, but let's make this better! #nexus7 #PlayStoreImprovements