We heard you loud and clear that you wanted a Last Call for I/O challenge, so this year, the Code Jam team is hosting a Sprint to Google I/O. The first 100 developers to complete a two-part challenge will be given the opportunity to purchase Google I/O tickets at $900. Register ASAP to be ready when the competition opens tomorrow, April 19 at 7:00 AM PDT / 14:00 UTC.
60 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 25 previous comments
- Thanks for pointing that out.
Happy coding, everyone!Apr 18, 2012
- Great, but that's only in the summary at the top of the page, hence "contradiction." The legalese and official "Terms of Service" still claim "Of those participating in the rounds, the top-scoring 100 contestants will be eligible to receive the prizes detailed below depending on their scores and rankings from the Round" and "In the event of a tie between two or more contestants, those contestants will be ranked in ascending order according to the penalty times associated with their solutions."Apr 18, 2012
- We try our best but unfortunately there's no time that's friendly to all. In fact some folks here in Silicon Valley are claiming that your time (2 AM) is more programmer-friendly than ours (7 AM). :)Apr 18, 2012
- , perhaps a second round at a different time of day would suit those Silicon Valley folks who think 2AM is a better time than 7AM too? ;-)
2AM wouldn't be such a problem for me if there'd been a bit more warning, or it'd been on a non-workday - but since I start work at 8:30am, it's not exactly convenient. Programmer-friendly and employed-programmer-friendly aren't necessarily the same thing ;-)Apr 18, 2012
- can students buy the ticket for $300 (if they end up among the first 100)?Apr 19, 2012
- To bad my 2 year old is home sick today.Apr 19, 2012