- Washington University in St. LouisMasters of Liberal Arts, 1983 - 1988
- Louisiana State UniversityJournalism, 1969 - 1973
Principal, Glynn Young Communications, LLC.
Retired May 2015 as Director, Social News Team for Monsanto Company. Team is responsible for the company’s corporate social media channels, the corporate blog, designated specialty web sites, social media channels for Grow St. Louis, and the corporate archives.
Before joining Monsanto in 2004, served as Executive Director of Communications for St. Louis Public Schools; operated his own full-time communications consulting practice; and served in senior communication positions for Solutia Inc. and Monsanto. Received a B.A. degree in Journalism from Louisiana State University and a Masters in Liberal Arts from Washington University in St. Louis.
Received his accreditation from the Public Relations Society of America in 1983, and was named a PRSA Fellow in 2005. Received nine national awards for speechwriting, including two Gold Quill Awards from the International Association of Business Communicators; and two PRSA Silver Anvil Awards, one for community relation relations (1989) and one for employee communications (1998).
Given hundreds of presentations and speeches on crisis communicaitons, environmental communications, employee communications and speechwriting. Keynote speech for the Executive Communication Track at the Ragan Corporate Communications Conference in Chicago in May 2008 was printed in the July 2008 issue of Vital Speeches of the Day.
Married; two grown sons and one daughter-in-law; two grandsons.
- Fortune 500 Company - US MidwestOnline Strategy Team Lead, 2004 - present
- Shell Oil CompanySenior Writer, 1974 - 1978
- St. Louis Public SchoolsDirector, Communications, 2003 - 2004
- Solutia Inc.Director, Emp. Communications, 1997 - 2000
- Fortune 500 Company - US MidwestDirector, Exec. Communications, 1990 - 1997
- Fortune 500 Company - US MidwestVarious, 1978 - 1990
- Beaumont TX EnterpriseCopy Editor, 1973 - 1974