- IndependentTraining, 2009 - presentTraining lifelong learners
- Ministry of Education, IndependentEducation & Innovation, 2005 - presentAcademic articles
- Ministry of EducationExpert ICT & Curricula, 1999 - 2010Advisor ICT & Curricula, Training Coordinator
- Ministry of EducationICT in Education, 1988 - 2010Department of Humanities & ICT
- Ministry of Education and Science of Portugal and Ministry of Education of FranceSpecialist Distance Learning, 1988 - 2009Producer
- Ministry of Education and Science of PortugalTraining, 1999 - 2009Tutor and e-Tutor lifelong learners (school teachers)
- Institut Français de PortoBureau d'Action Linguistique, 1989 - 1992Pedagogical Advisor in the field of Languages innovation at Institut Français de Porto, Ministry of Education of France; French Teachers Adivisor
- Higher School of Education of PortoTraining, 2001 - 2006Tutor and e-Tutor (trainee teachers)
- Vocational Higher School of MusicLiterature & Culture, 2000 - 2006Professor Literature and Linguistics
Welcome to my Google + page.
I am Gina Souto an independent Learning & Digital Culture Advisor, writer and international speaker.
This space is where I muse all things related to Learning ICT and Social Media Tools in Educational Contexts.
I'm passionate about creating meaningful learning experinces for learners that I share on my personal blog.
G-Souto's Blog includes information on new learning trends, technologies and tools.
The blog hosts a number of major resources, including:
- Suggestions of teaching and learning in Secondary School Education
- Links to articles produced by me
- Online resources associated to my research area and write interests
I blog in my personal blog as well as for 2 students blogs: French Language; Portuguese Language.
My interests include assessment of educational digital resources, games in school, digital literacy, participatory learning and culture, linguistics studies, digital composition, personal learning environments (PLEs), e-learning, blended learning, critical pedagogy.
- University of PortoMaster Literature and Linguistics
- University of PortoMaster Sciences Education
- Catholic University of PortugalDegree e-Learning, Open Educational Resources, 2000 - 2002
- University of ÉvoraDegree Assessment Educational Digital Resources, 2007 - 2008
- Porto Music ConservatoryMasterPiano with hounors
- CNDP.FR ParisProducer, 1988 - 1989Educational Television
- BELC ParisProducer, 1988 - 1989Videos in School
- Technology Institute of Education PortugalDistance Learning, 1978 - 1989Producer, Training
- Vocational Higher School of Music of PortoProfessor, 1999 - 2006Professor Literature & Culture
Labeling students 'gifted' isn't helpful - working harder makes you smarter
Headteacher John Tomsett explains why the concept of growth mindset is so important for achievement and the flaws in labeling students gifte
Quelques serious games pour apprendre à coder | Serious-Game.fr
Apprendre à coder est une tâche loin d'être aisée. Depuis quelques temps, quelques serious games sont proposés afin d'initier à des technolo
American Library Association releases its 10 most challenged books of 2013
As a fresh controversy arises in Delaware over whether parents should censor school reading lists, Dav Pilkey's Captain Underpants series to
Research shows professors work long hours and spend much of day in meeti...
Professors work long days, on weekends, on and off campus, and largely alone. Responsible for a growing number of administrative tasks, they
Blogs and wikis in formal higher education: examples of open education
Tony,. Thanks for blogging about the work at UMW, and I have been a huge fan and very much inspired by the work UBC has been doing for years
Les élèves français, pas terribles en maths, mais très débrouillards
L'enquête Pisa montrait une dégringolade des jeunes Français en lecture et en maths. Mais un nouveau palmarès les révèle plus inventifs que
How Much Story Does a Serious Game Need? | e-Learning Bookmarking Servic...
In serious games, story is a narrative that either weaves through an entire game or sets up the reason you are playing the game and elaborat
Europeana ? Competition Educational Apps : Get involved !
http://pro.europeana.eu/ Are you an app or game developer? So today, I would like to motivate the last hesitant creative to get involved on
Hooray for Janet Napolitano and her views on online learning (and public...
Home · Latest · Resources · Videos on using technology for teaching · Resources on e-portfolios · Resources on Virtual Worlds and Games for
Review of Frederic Gros, 'A Philosophy of Walking' | Inside Higher Ed
In December, the journal Brain Connectivity published a paper called "Short- and Long-Term Effects of a Novel on Connectivity in the Brain,"
At risk of digital extinction: Europe's smaller languages fight to survive
The internet and its technologies are eroding many languages, especially in the Baltic countries. What can be done about it?
Seven kids coding projects that crowdfunded their first steps
Kano, Play-i, Primo, Hello Ruby, Robot Turtles, ScratchJr and Craft Computer Club turned to the crowd for first funding
Learning analytics don't just measure students' progress – they can shap...
From online forum debates to predictive essay writing software, data showing how students learn can help universities adapt their teaching •