"Where there is righteousness in the heart
There is beauty in the character.
When there is beauty in the character,
there is harmony in the home.
When there is harmony in the home.
There is an order in the nation.
When there is order in the nation,
There is peace in the world"
"Learning gives creativity
Creativity leads to thinking
Thinking provides knowledge
Knowledge makes you great"
Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- Intel Technology India Pvt LtdHardware Design Engineer, 2011 - present
I am ghanashyam, a free thinker, technology enthusiast, engineer and DIY enthusiast.
Profession & Interests:
am an electronics designer by profession. Over the years, I have been working on FPGA designs, embedded systems and now I work on graphics processors. I have new found love in Maker stuff around Arduino, RaspberryPi and Intel Galileo and Edison and an an old time love in free software.
I am proud that am an Internet addict. I am a hard core fan of Steve Jobs, his style of working and thought process. I appreciate Apple products and am a Nexus user.
My Web2.0 Presence
-Google Buzz Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/mail.ghanashyam.prabhu : Now that the awesome Google Buzz is shut down, find my posts/activity on Google Plus.
That's one thing I hated Google for - shutting down Buzz-
- Follow me on Twitter: @616476fbde873af
- I blog at Scratch Buffer
- AND NO, I AM NOT ON FACEBOOK for sane reasons
Where I live:
was born and brought up in Manipal, a coastal town of Karnataka state, INDIA. With
a beautiful lake, Manipal is a serene place to live and is also
called the University town, with a lot of educational institutions. I
currently live in Bengaluru for work. My long term dream is to settle back in Manipal doing my own stuff.
Outside of work:
have spent quite some years of my professional life in Manipal, when I
am not working, I used to spend some time at the beach flying kites
once in a while, drive alongside the beach or walk to the riverside,
take a boat ride. I love traveling alone[now that I am married, its a tad bit difficult to be alone] and I like talking to different
people. It is always nice traveling in trains, and buses when you get
to meet new people.
In Bangalore, I occasionally go watch a live play in a theater, ride on my bike exploring the food joints[someare on my Instagram stream
Apart from these, I like pencil sketching and water color paintings.. I like all kinds of music but cant get to stick to one genre for long time. My playlists are random.. I like playing football and I can say am above average at playing caroms.
Books I have been reading:
Garfield - At a book exhibit, I bought a bunch of them at a re-seller for Rs 50 then on I have like them like none other, I have been on a hunt for them since then.
Autobiography of Steve Jobs
Yaana (in Kannada) - By S. L Bhairappa - Story of a couple on a space ship that is never going to return back to earth - They are on their own and they have to move the programme forward.
My to-do list:
- Buy a bicycle
- Buy a bike -- Bought!!
- Buy a Android Dev Phone OR a bring up a personal Lin Board - Bought RaspberryPi and a Galaxy Nexus! Now awaiting Intel Galileo to make something awesome - Got a Galileo as well! (small project in the making at home) Got the Galileo and Edison board as well + Arduino Mini Pro + Liypad. I now have a small maker space at home!
- A "fun" trek to the Himalayas -
- Learn a few more programming languages -- Started with Perl and SysVerilog. Specman e.
- Author a Technical Paper - I did one but I don't see a lot happening with this goal of mine. Sadly, I am now very far from academic
That's a lot of me!!
- Sri Jayachamarajendra College Of EngineeringB.E, Electronics and Communications Engineering