- Wise CounselFounder & Partner, 2014 - present
- PRJobCoachChief Coach, 2009 - present
- Producers Forum, Inc.CMO, 2011 - present
- Redphlag LLCFounder, Chair and CEO, 2008 - present
- Public Relations Society of AmericaChair, Nominating Committee, 2014 - 2014
- Kids' TurnSecretary and Board Member, 2008 - 2014Member of the Board and Secretary
- Public Relations Society of AmericaPast Chair and CEO, 2013 - 2013
- San Jose State UniversityAdjunct Professor, 2012 - 2013
- Public Relations Society of AmericaChair and Chief Executive Officer, 2012 - 2012
- PRSAChair-elect, 2011 - 2011
- NASAScientific Programmer, 1970 - 1977
- National SemiconductorSenior Writer, 1978 - 1979
- Four Phase Systems Inc.Senior Software Writer, 1977 - 1978
- Creamer Dickson BasfordProgram Manager, 1979 - 1980
- International HarvesterManager, Technology Communications, 1980 - 1982
- Gould Inc.Director, Global PR, 1982 - 1989
- ASARCO IncorporatedDirector, Global Corporate Communications, 1989 - 1994
- Loral CorporationVice President, Corporate Communications, 1994 - 1995
- Hitachi, Ltd.Vice President & General Manager, 1995 - 2007
- DOT UIConsultant, 2008 - 2011
Gerry has more than four decades of experience in technology, corporate communications and public relations. Prior to Redphlag, he was Vice President of the Branding and Corporate Communications Group of $112 billion Hitachi, Ltd. from 1995 to 2007. He previously served several leading Fortune 200 firms including Loral Corporation, ASARCO Incorporated, Gould Inc. and International Harvester Company. He also was program manager and senior account executive with the public relations firm of Creamer Dickson Basford in Providence, RI. He launched his career in Silicon Valley as a scientific programmer at the NASA Ames Research Center.
A native of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, he has a B.A. in public relations from San Jose State University and an A.A. with a major in electronics engineering from the Community College of Philadelphia. He is a long time member of the Public Relations Society of America, accredited in public relations (APR) and is a member of PRSA's College of Fellows. He also is a senior member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics; a member of the board and past president of the International Advertising Association/West; and a member of the Arthur Page Society, National Association of Science Writers, National Investor Relations Institute, San Francisco PR Roundtable, New York PR Society and International Coaching Federation.
- San Jose State UniversityPublic Relations, 1974 - 1977
- Community College of PhiladelphiaElectronics Engineering, 1968 - 1970
- Cardinal Dougherty High SchoolAcademic Studies, 1964 - 1968
- Holy Angels Grade School
Social Media Networking for Executives and the C-Suite
One of the latest and greatest strategies for successful executive career management often includes leveraging social media networking. Is y
PR Reality Check: The Indispensable Role of Today's Public Relations Pro
By Gerard Francis Corbett, APR, Fellow PRSA, Founder, Chair and CEO, Redphlag LLC As we enter 2015, the importance of public relations today
Looking for your dream PR job? Five ways to become the right candidate t...
Everyone dreams of that PR job - The One. Just imagine taking an elevator to your office where you fully immerse yourself in the brands, pro
Top Ten Reasons to Connect with Someone You Do Not Know. | Gerard Corbet...
As LinkedIn continues its march forward to a half billion people, I am reminded of an aspect of networking that has both risk and opportunit
Desperate and Despicable -- Five things I learned from preposterous post...
Desperate and despicable, that is what I label people who use the misfortune of others to grab attention for themselves, their blogs or othe
Managing Your Career is not Rocket Science - When I was 22 | LinkedIn
When I was 22, I worked the graveyard and swing shifts at NASA Ames Research Center in the heart of Silicon Valley testing advanced commerci
Great questions can prompt great insight – What should you ask?
More often than not how you convey your value and abilities can determine whether you end up at the top of the consideration set of a job in
Off-MLS listings debated at Silicon Valley Realtors' meeting
With scarce inventory, the competition for homes is stiff among buyers, and so is the competition for listings among agents. It's one the re
Pay it Forward and Backwards; The life you save may be your own.
I started blogging about seven years ago focused solely on career management. I did it to both help others and better navigate the treachero
How to Evaluate Multiple Job Offers | TalentZoo.com
If you are one of the fortunate few to begin benefitting from the slow-going jobs recovery, you are in an enviable position. Furthermore, if
Public Relations Specialist Job Overview | Best Jobs | US News Careers
U.S. News's public relations specialist job overview with comprehensive information on necessary job training, expected salary and job satis
Career Lessons from Bridgegate: Don’t be a Savior or a Martyr
Time and again we are witness to crises of major proportion that often are unbelievable and defy a thinking person's logic. Bridgegate is on
Relevance and Resonance — The Two Important R’s for Blogging
HMA Public Relations, Phoenix AZ, Full-Service PR Firm
Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In Foundation Is Damaging Her Reputation By Refus...
A woman worth $400 million wants people to work for free.