#UniversityofWashington #UnversityLatinoandwomanpresident #UWPresidentAnaMariCauce #LatinoLeaders
- Western Washington University, Bellingham, WaJournalism, history of Journalism, broadcast news, radio news, newswriting, creative writing, philosophy, sociology and public speaking. Worked on the air writing and delivering campus news on KUGS-FM and as a writer for campus newspaper KLIPSUN. Also, photoeditor for two years while attending school.
- Crisis Management Schools, Ragan Communications, Corporate CommunicationsCrisis communications and on camera exercise training. Became a national speaker after creating a one of a kind employee communications. Spoke at several Ragan Communications Corporate conferences and trade shows.
- MAYO COMMUNICATIONS (MAYO PR)VICE PRESIDENT/GENERAL MANAGER/CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS, 2003 - presentGeorge McQuade III cofounded full service Los Angeles based public relations firm with offices in San Diego, New York, and Bern, Switzerland. Provided exceptional management and development oversight resulting in 110% business growth over 5 years and 50% growth during recession. Globally branded Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation as the “Go To Think Tank” for all economic news, for 10+ years, under two CEO’s, doubling membership and boosting assets to $30+ million. Capturing global media: 2011-2012 LAEDC Economic Forecast . PRSA awards:”Best Media Placement (2 yrs in a row)”, “Best Education Campaign–Wal-Mart”. Created the largest statewide media campaign (w/four former California governors), that resulted in the passing of California’s $20 billion “Prop B” transportation measure. Revitalized PERI Software Solutions, Inc.’s corp. comm.. and (Newark, NJ) reputation management, keeping the company from suffering devastating loss from US Dept. of Labor multimillion dollar fines. Launched successful, national NARUC education campaign on smart Grid Tech. The Co. grew from $50 -$80 million, adding multimillion dollar SoCal utility contracts.
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA)DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS/ MEDIA RELATIONS / GOVERNMENT RELATIONS at Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) Los Angeles, California Public Relations and Communications, 2013 - 2015As head of communications, George McQuade III is also multimedia expert, who speaks to local civic groups, universities and Social Media panel workshops on media technology changes. George develops effective internal and external communications for LAHSA and manage media relations in the City of LA and Los Angeles County. Our team provides information to the public, the media, political stakeholders, nonprofit partners and agencies with a common goal to end homelessness. Following the Federal Strategic Plan, "Opening Doors", Los Angeles is prioritizing three key goals: 1-Ending chronic homelessness; 2- Preventing and ending homelessness among veterans and 3- Preventing and ending homelessness for families, youth and children. By advocating for better programs, funding and legislation at the federal, state and local levels, LAHSA will advance its mission to support, create and sustain solutions to homelessness in the City and County of Los Angeles. About the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) is a joint powers authority of the City and County of Los Angeles, created in 1993 to address the problems of homelessness in Los Angeles County. LAHSA is the lead agency in the HUD-funded Los Angeles Continuum of Care and coordinates and manages more than $80 million annually in federal, state, county and city funds for programs providing shelter, housing and services for homeless people. If you would like to volunteer for any of our LAHSA programs and for more info on LAHSA visit: http://www.lahsa.org. Media please call us at 213.225.4891 for the LAHSA Homeless Count, LAHSA events and stories about homelessness. We welcome your inquiries and we have experts for your talk shows and news segments and publications. We would love to add you to our media list, too thanks. firstname.lastname@example.org. Blog at: http://lahsacommunications.org
- CERRELL ASSOCIATES, INC.MEDIA DIRECTOR/ ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, 2001 - 2003I supervised all media campaigns for a two dozen accounts and a team of 40 employees at the oldest public affairs and lobbying firm in CA. Develop and nurtured relationships and communications with consumer media. Successfully placed cable news updates and cable legislation stories about Adelphia Cable and other related clients in various media outlets. Directed CAI's international media campaign for a Manco Duct Tape Wedding, just two weeks after 911, setting a worldwide record of 50 million viewers. Cerrell Chairman & CEO Hal Dash said, "The best publicity Stunt" at Cerrell (LABJ, MARCH 26, 2012). Prevented crisis at fur protests at Century City Shopping Ctr. Managed national crisis communications for Glaxo Smith Klein “Paxil” and Lead Paint Class Action Lawsuits Produced Global Crossing & Adelphia Cable Communications, MPAA. Increased media coverage and placement for all 50 clients by 40 percent.
Mayo Communications & Mayo PR - PR Firm Profile by O'Dwyer's...
Public Relations Firms Database. Mayo Communications & Mayo PR 7248 Bernadine Ave., 2nd Flr., West Hills, Los Angeles, CA 91307 818/340-5300
Operation Blankets of Love says several hundred dogs and cats adopted ov...
OBOL’s Brad Smulson making friends with Tallulah at the NKLA Super Adoption Event! About 250 furbabies were adopted over the weekendBe sure
STITCHES TECHNOLOGY is bursting at the seams, giving the apparel industr...
“For those who don’t have defined career goals or college aspirations, who dropped out of high school, or are searching for a place to plant
The Ontario Convention Center comes alive with the 9th Annual Inland Emp...
THE 9TH ANNUAL INLAND EMPIRE’S LARGEST MIXER IS THIS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21ST AT THE ONTARIO CONVENTION CENTER! Join Us for the Inland Empire
Best Friends and Operation Blankets of Love offer the public “Strut Your...
“This is our first Annual ‘Strut Your Mutt’, which means you can bring your dog to run or walk three miles at this event for the good work O
MAYO Communications Press Releases | MAYO Communications
MAYO Communications Press Releases have earned, Best Media Placement, Best Education Campaigns, Best Corporate Communications and Best
Third Street Promenade comes alive with musical performers wooing thousa...
Some 40,000 visitors head to Santa Monica for the street performers, delicious food and entertainment that is world famous at the Third St.
“The Great Food Truck Race” Premiering this Sunday, August 23 at The Par...
Watch Postcards Gourmet Soul Food Truck Compete on The FOOD NETWORK'S Season 6 Hit Series. Out of hundreds of potential contestants, produce
Feast on Santa Barbara’s October month-long ‘Culinary Celebration’ | MAY...
Held from Oct. 1 through Oct. 31, epicure.sb is a delectable month-long celebration of Santa Barbara South Coast's culinary scene. Now in it
2015 Pebble Beach Concours D’ Elegance Car show in full swing in Norther...
The Pebble Beach Auto show never seems to stop raising eyebrows. This year's biggie was the BMW i8 that starts at $135K. The first one sold
Silicon Beach Young Professionals were doing the “Hop, Stop & Pop” a...
This post was first published on Examiner.com (more) First there was "HopStop", an online city transit guide offering door-to-door subway an
Fastest growing high tech and young professionals org -SBYP meets Thursd...
Please join us at Viceroy Thursday April 23rd from 6 to 9:00 PM Get A FREE RIDE to the Event 1. Download the Curb App 2. use PROMO CODE: SBY
Los Angeles Press Club members pay celebrate the life of TV Legend Stan ...
This story was first published on Examiner.com A crowd of family members and top SoCal Journalists packed into the Steve Allen Theater, Holl
Masquerade Oscar party unmasks new medical breakthrough in early signs o...
This story was first published on EXAMINER.com A great way to push the message out that after 15 years, researchers at Stanford University h
What should Brian Williams do to manage his crisis?
The NBC News anchor recently admitted a story he retold on several occasions was incorrect. In the wake of his misleading statements, what s
Crews starting demolition on historic Candlestick Park |
Taiwanese rescuers hoisted the wrecked TransAsia Airways plane from the Keelung River in Taipei.