Shared via AP Mobile. Download the app now:
iOS - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ap-mobile/id284901416?mt=8
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mnn.Android&referrer=utm_source=share_item&utm_medium=google+
- MAYO COMMUNICATIONS (MAYO PR)VICE PRESIDENT/GENERAL MANAGER/CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS, 2003 - presentGeorge McQuade III cofounded full service Los Angeles based public relations firm with offices in San Diego, New York, and Bern, Switzerland. Provided exceptional management and development oversight resulting in 110% business growth over 5 years and 50% growth during recession. Globally branded Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation as the “Go To Think Tank” for all economic news, for 10+ years, under two CEO’s, doubling membership and boosting assets to $30+ million. Capturing global media: 2011-2012 LAEDC Economic Forecast . PRSA awards:”Best Media Placement (2 yrs in a row)”, “Best Education Campaign–Wal-Mart”. Created the largest statewide media campaign (w/four former California governors), that resulted in the passing of California’s $20 billion “Prop B” transportation measure. Revitalized PERI Software Solutions, Inc.’s corp. comm.. and (Newark, NJ) reputation management, keeping the company from suffering devastating loss from US Dept. of Labor multimillion dollar fines. Launched successful, national NARUC education campaign on smart Grid Tech. The Co. grew from $50 -$80 million, adding multimillion dollar SoCal utility contracts.
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA)DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS/ MEDIA RELATIONS / GOVERNMENT RELATIONS at Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) Los Angeles, California Public Relations and Communications, 2013 - 2015As head of communications, George McQuade III is also multimedia expert, who speaks to local civic groups, universities and Social Media panel workshops on media technology changes. George develops effective internal and external communications for LAHSA and manage media relations in the City of LA and Los Angeles County. Our team provides information to the public, the media, political stakeholders, nonprofit partners and agencies with a common goal to end homelessness. Following the Federal Strategic Plan, "Opening Doors", Los Angeles is prioritizing three key goals: 1-Ending chronic homelessness; 2- Preventing and ending homelessness among veterans and 3- Preventing and ending homelessness for families, youth and children. By advocating for better programs, funding and legislation at the federal, state and local levels, LAHSA will advance its mission to support, create and sustain solutions to homelessness in the City and County of Los Angeles. About the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) is a joint powers authority of the City and County of Los Angeles, created in 1993 to address the problems of homelessness in Los Angeles County. LAHSA is the lead agency in the HUD-funded Los Angeles Continuum of Care and coordinates and manages more than $80 million annually in federal, state, county and city funds for programs providing shelter, housing and services for homeless people. If you would like to volunteer for any of our LAHSA programs and for more info on LAHSA visit: http://www.lahsa.org. Media please call us at 213.225.4891 for the LAHSA Homeless Count, LAHSA events and stories about homelessness. We welcome your inquiries and we have experts for your talk shows and news segments and publications. We would love to add you to our media list, too thanks. email@example.com. Blog at: http://lahsacommunications.org
- CERRELL ASSOCIATES, INC.MEDIA DIRECTOR/ ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, 2001 - 2003I supervised all media campaigns for a two dozen accounts and a team of 40 employees at the oldest public affairs and lobbying firm in CA. Develop and nurtured relationships and communications with consumer media. Successfully placed cable news updates and cable legislation stories about Adelphia Cable and other related clients in various media outlets. Directed CAI's international media campaign for a Manco Duct Tape Wedding, just two weeks after 911, setting a worldwide record of 50 million viewers. Cerrell Chairman & CEO Hal Dash said, "The best publicity Stunt" at Cerrell (LABJ, MARCH 26, 2012). Prevented crisis at fur protests at Century City Shopping Ctr. Managed national crisis communications for Glaxo Smith Klein “Paxil” and Lead Paint Class Action Lawsuits Produced Global Crossing & Adelphia Cable Communications, MPAA. Increased media coverage and placement for all 50 clients by 40 percent.
- Contently by George McQuade III (current)
- Buzz by George McQuade III (current)
- AMERICANS ON D-DAY by George McQuade III (current)
- PERI Software Solutions Inc (current)
- NUTTIN' BUT BUZZ (current)
- MAYO BUZZ by George McQuade III (current)
- GMAIL.COM (current)
- OXIMITY News Network (current)
- MAYO Communications (current)
- Western Washington University, Bellingham, WaJournalism, history of Journalism, broadcast news, radio news, newswriting, creative writing, philosophy, sociology and public speaking. Worked on the air writing and delivering campus news on KUGS-FM and as a writer for campus newspaper KLIPSUN. Also, photoeditor for two years while attending school.
- Crisis Management Schools, Ragan Communications, Corporate CommunicationsCrisis communications and on camera exercise training. Became a national speaker after creating a one of a kind employee communications. Spoke at several Ragan Communications Corporate conferences and trade shows.
SoCalGas Co. announces annual employee award at Jeff Thorsen Memorial
Friends, family and coworkers of Vice President Jeff Thorsen turned out this week to honor his legacy and celebrate his life at the Gas Comp
Darrell D. Miller of Fox Rothchild named ‘Beverly Hills Bar Assn.’s Ente...
Annual Awards Dinner is set for Tues., May 17, 2016, 5:30 PM, The Beverly Hilton Includes Performances by Three Grammy-Winners — Rapper/Acto
Mayo Communications & Mayo PR - PR Firm Profile by O'Dwyer's...
Public Relations Firms Database. Mayo Communications & Mayo PR 7248 Bernadine Ave., 2nd Flr., West Hills, Los Angeles, CA 91307 818/340-5300
How to reach and engage the Millennial target audience – a RTNA workshop
This story was first published on Examiner.com Radio, TV and Media experts got a wakeup……
Painting party to benefit homeless animals with Operation Blankets of Love
You’re invited to OBOL’s Paint…Sip…Repeat! Unleash your Creative Genius Whether you’re a budding Picasso or a coloring book whiz, you’ll fee
New Hulu Series ‘The Path’ Examines Religion | Variety
They say you should never talk about politics and religion. While there’s little hope these days of escaping the first, Hulu’s new drama ser
Operation Blankets of Loves reminds you to protect your pets from the bi...
“Bring your pet inside during the winter months. It’s ridiculous to hear that people are leaving their pets outside,” said Brad Smulson, Ope
Twitter Global Media Chief Exits Among Others - Mon., Jan. 25, 2016
Katie Stanton, global head of media for Twitter, has left the social messenging service amid a handful of top departures.
The World Networks spotlights the best Entrepreneurs of the Year
One of the best awards events this year goes to The World Networks, Los Angeles. This story was first published on Examiner.com. The evening
LA Auto Show is a real crowd pleaser showcasing advanced 2016 tech and d...
This story was first published on Examiner.com Please subscribe, thanks. The LA Auto Show, on through the weekend drew record crowds a…
Operation Blankets of Love says several hundred dogs and cats adopted ov...
OBOL’s Brad Smulson making friends with Tallulah at the NKLA Super Adoption Event! About 250 furbabies were adopted over the weekendBe sure
STITCHES TECHNOLOGY is bursting at the seams, giving the apparel industr...
“For those who don’t have defined career goals or college aspirations, who dropped out of high school, or are searching for a place to plant
The Ontario Convention Center comes alive with the 9th Annual Inland Emp...
THE 9TH ANNUAL INLAND EMPIRE’S LARGEST MIXER IS THIS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21ST AT THE ONTARIO CONVENTION CENTER! Join Us for the Inland Empire