Check out and please subscribe and you will get the latest updates from
#BreitlingEnergy #ChrisFaulkner knows his stuff and explains in laymen's terms. He rocks! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1IG71zFUtYakgnxh2sGfqQ
- Western Washington University, Bellingham, WaJournalism, history of Journalism, broadcast news, radio news, newswriting, creative writing, philosophy, sociology and public speaking. Worked on the air writing and delivering campus news on KUGS-FM and as a writer for campus newspaper KLIPSUN. Also, photoeditor for two years while attending school.
- Crisis Management Schools, Ragan Communications, Corporate CommunicationsCrisis communications and on camera exercise training. Became a national speaker after creating a one of a kind employee communications. Spoke at several Ragan Communications Corporate conferences and trade shows.
I cofounded MAYO Communications in 1995, which has mushroomed into very successful international public relations agency based in LA, with offices in San Diego, New York. In my spare time, I currently write on LA Business Investment stories for the Examiner.com, about transportation, entertainment trends, TV shows, film and lifestyle news for Technorati.com. For the last decade I've written PR industry articles for the infamous Jack O’Dwyer PR Publications, http://odwyerpr.com, NY.
I serve on the Silicon Beach Young Professionals (YP) Board of Directors, one of the fastest growing groups in SoCal. Since January monthly attendance of entrepreneurs, startup CEOs and Investors has jumped 500%. The mixers are sponsored by #GOOGLE and #GODADDY EXAMINER: (http://goo.gl/UOzOqa) and TECHNORATI: (http://goo.gl/GFlbLC)
I have scores of journalism, writing and photography awards, but the award I'm most proud of is the Medal of Valor, California State Firefighters Association for saving the life of a noted UCLA Medical Center doctor from his burning SUV following an early morning head-on crash. I was on my way to a crisis workshop in Century City, too.
I enjoy mentoring buddy PR and media pros and speak at local universities such as USC, UCLA and Loyola Marymount. I maintain dozens of blogs on every industry from business, entertainment to high tech and in social media, too. Some highlights are listed in the column on your right.
I really appreciate feedback and comments on my, and just this year started a new private group called Entertainment Publicists & Communicators (more) on Linkedin.com, which has grows at around two to three dozen new members a week at approaching 5,000 members in a short time. Only communicators can join.
Before public relations, I carved an award-winning TV and radio news career covering LA Riots, earthquakes, courts cops and LA City hall. I'm one of two of original writers on Today in LA Weekends, 1st 90 minute show on NBCLA. As a newsreporter my voice could be heard on KGIL Newstalk 1260 AM, on KFI 640 AM, KNX, CBS and NBC Mutual News. During the devastating earthquakes, wildfires and LA riots he worked as a news correspondent for NBC Mutual New, KNX, KRLA and KZLA FM radio stations.
I grew up in Washington State. I obtained my Bachelors in Communications and Journalism (double major) at Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA. I received technical photography training as US Navy Photographer, (US Naval Schools of Photography, Pensacola, FL) and manned a military CIO and photo lab on base at Oak Harbor, Whidbey Island, WA. (Honorable discharge).
I'm past president and an active board member of the Entertainment Publicists Professional Society (EPPS) with chapters in New York and LA. I'm also a past board member and publicity committee chairman of Public Relations Society of America, LA Chapter. (PRSA).
If you need help with your PR or Social Media feel free to call my office: 818-340-5300. Pls follow me on www.Facebook.com/MAYOCommunications on Twitter.com/gmcquade my blog @ MAYO PR and MAYO Communications. Mention you found me on GOOGLE+ and I will provide a free social media assessment of your company or site. One call does it all at 818-340-5300.
- MAYO COMMUNICATIONS (MAYO PR)VICE PRESIDENT/GENERAL MANAGER/CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS, 2003 - presentGeorge McQuade III cofounded full service Los Angeles based public relations firm with offices in San Diego, New York, and Bern, Switzerland. Provided exceptional management and development oversight resulting in 110% business growth over 5 years and 50% growth during recession. Globally branded Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation as the “Go To Think Tank” for all economic news, for 10+ years, under two CEO’s, doubling membership and boosting assets to $30+ million. Capturing global media: 2011-2012 LAEDC Economic Forecast . PRSA awards:”Best Media Placement (2 yrs in a row)”, “Best Education Campaign–Wal-Mart”. Created the largest statewide media campaign (w/four former California governors), that resulted in the passing of California’s $20 billion “Prop B” transportation measure. Revitalized PERI Software Solutions, Inc.’s corp. comm.. and (Newark, NJ) reputation management, keeping the company from suffering devastating loss from US Dept. of Labor multimillion dollar fines. Launched successful, national NARUC education campaign on smart Grid Tech. The Co. grew from $50 -$80 million, adding multimillion dollar SoCal utility contracts.
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA)DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS/ MEDIA RELATIONS / GOVERNMENT RELATIONS at Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) Los Angeles, California Public Relations and Communications, 2013 - 2015As head of communications, George McQuade III is also multimedia expert, who speaks to local civic groups, universities and Social Media panel workshops on media technology changes. George develops effective internal and external communications for LAHSA and manage media relations in the City of LA and Los Angeles County. Our team provides information to the public, the media, political stakeholders, nonprofit partners and agencies with a common goal to end homelessness. Following the Federal Strategic Plan, "Opening Doors", Los Angeles is prioritizing three key goals: 1-Ending chronic homelessness; 2- Preventing and ending homelessness among veterans and 3- Preventing and ending homelessness for families, youth and children. By advocating for better programs, funding and legislation at the federal, state and local levels, LAHSA will advance its mission to support, create and sustain solutions to homelessness in the City and County of Los Angeles. About the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) is a joint powers authority of the City and County of Los Angeles, created in 1993 to address the problems of homelessness in Los Angeles County. LAHSA is the lead agency in the HUD-funded Los Angeles Continuum of Care and coordinates and manages more than $80 million annually in federal, state, county and city funds for programs providing shelter, housing and services for homeless people. If you would like to volunteer for any of our LAHSA programs and for more info on LAHSA visit: http://www.lahsa.org. Media please call us at 213.225.4891 for the LAHSA Homeless Count, LAHSA events and stories about homelessness. We welcome your inquiries and we have experts for your talk shows and news segments and publications. We would love to add you to our media list, too thanks. firstname.lastname@example.org. Blog at: http://lahsacommunications.org
- CERRELL ASSOCIATES, INC.MEDIA DIRECTOR/ ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, 2001 - 2003I supervised all media campaigns for a two dozen accounts and a team of 40 employees at the oldest public affairs and lobbying firm in CA. Develop and nurtured relationships and communications with consumer media. Successfully placed cable news updates and cable legislation stories about Adelphia Cable and other related clients in various media outlets. Directed CAI's international media campaign for a Manco Duct Tape Wedding, just two weeks after 911, setting a worldwide record of 50 million viewers. Cerrell Chairman & CEO Hal Dash said, "The best publicity Stunt" at Cerrell (LABJ, MARCH 26, 2012). Prevented crisis at fur protests at Century City Shopping Ctr. Managed national crisis communications for Glaxo Smith Klein “Paxil” and Lead Paint Class Action Lawsuits Produced Global Crossing & Adelphia Cable Communications, MPAA. Increased media coverage and placement for all 50 clients by 40 percent.
- HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF LOS ANGELESDIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS, 1995 - 2000As the director of public relations at the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles (HACLA), George McQuade III managed public image, stakeholder partnerships and internal communications for HACLA board of directors and executive director. Developed and implemented public relations campaigns, resident relations and employee communications. He also handled all media and houisng resident campaigns for 24 housing projects, 1,500 employees. Turned housing protests into positive media hits with aggressive proactive campaigns, which attracted and resulted in multimillion dollar HUD grants. Dissuaded “CBS 60 Minutes” from doing a negative story after two Housing Authority of City of Los Angeles (HACLA) board members resigned under fire (“60 allegations of wrong doing”). International Business Communicators (IABC) and PRSA recognized stellar achievements in strategy with first place Awards for “Best Crisis Communication.” Also, “Best Media Placements.” Calif. State Firefighters Assn. handed me a Medal of Valor for rescuing and saving the life of a noted UCLA doctor from SUV crash. LA City Council handed me a hero’s award.
Fastest growing high tech and young professionals org -SBYP meets Thursd...
Please join us at Viceroy Thursday April 23rd from 6 to 9:00 PM Get A FREE RIDE to the Event 1. Download the Curb App 2. use PROMO CODE: SBY
Los Angeles Press Club members pay celebrate the life of TV Legend Stan ...
This story was first published on Examiner.com A crowd of family members and top SoCal Journalists packed into the Steve Allen Theater, Holl
Masquerade Oscar party unmasks new medical breakthrough in early signs o...
This story was first published on EXAMINER.com A great way to push the message out that after 15 years, researchers at Stanford University h
What should Brian Williams do to manage his crisis?
The NBC News anchor recently admitted a story he retold on several occasions was incorrect. In the wake of his misleading statements, what s
Crews starting demolition on historic Candlestick Park |
Taiwanese rescuers hoisted the wrecked TransAsia Airways plane from the Keelung River in Taipei.
RTNA present Golden Mike Winners 'Oscars of radio & TV' news...
This story was first published on Examiner.com (pls Share) If they were not exchanging business cards they were tweeting and posting their f
Southern California weather forecast - Los Angeles, Orange County, Inlan...
Rob Marshall, director of 'Into the Woods,' talks about the casting choices he made and how he brought the play to the big screen.
LA Mission treats homeless to gourmet Thanksgiving Dinner
This Story was first published in Examiner.com What better way to get into the season of giving this Thanksgiving Holiday weekend than to he
Get everything in writing before you take the job | George McQuade III C...
(Downtown LA Business district)One of the challenges of working in a large city like Los Angeles, there are a lot of job openings you need t
Hollywood Film Festival tackled social impact issue of homelessness
This story first appeared on Examiner.com “People end up in homelessness for various reasons, “said Threatt. “Any one of us could end up hom
Jeep Owner Gets Last Laugh Over Corvette 'Annoyance'
Kyle DeMattia, 20, pulled his mud-covered Jeep beside a Corvette taking up two spots.
Another Summer Blockbuster at the box office: Guardians of the Galaxy
In the opening scene on planet Earth in the year 1988, young Peter Quill sits in the waiting room of a hospital, listening to the Awesome Mi