Really looking forward to see what is going to be outcome!
Really looking forward to see what is going to be outcome!
These are the eleven words on the wall of the Bill and Melinda Gates' Foundation visitor centre.
Under these words yesterday (Sept. 8th), a group of 24 environment, religious, student and parenting groups launched a campaign calling on the world's richest man to put his money where his mouth is and divest the $1.4bn his charity has invested in the fossil fuels companies polluting the planet. They plan to return every day until he divests.
#renewable #LeadByExample #MakeChangeHappen
I've expressed my thoughts on Social Entrepreneurship and why I started building this community. My belief is that all together we can move mountains.
We are all citizens of the world and when the Internet is giving us so many chances to connect and combine our power, there is no stopping us. We need to harness and use this power; we need to collectively change common mindsets and shift our behaviour - it will undoubtedly generate a massive impact!
Follow the link to read more. As this is my first post in LinkedIn I wanted also to share some background info about me.
#socialimpact #socialenterprise #SocEnt #SocialInnovation
The only thing I would add to this brilliant quote from is transparency!
I've been working with a small team in a startup at some point, and although we trusted each other, there was no transparency. One of the team members had a hidden agenda, and I think this is one of the worst things that can happen in a team!
So yes trust but transparency is crucial for a team to succeed and achieve some great things.
Would love to hear your opinion, do you agree?
Manchester Sustainability Jam is a crash course in Service Design with a sustainable twist. This is part of a global event held in more than 40 cities at the same time. The event is a cross between a hackathon and startup weekend, where we'll be creating tangible sustainable services/products that will be shared on a global platform.
Be part of Manchester’s community: Why should you participate?
As a participant in the Global Sustainability Jam, you'll be jamming for 48 hours on a concrete idea. You'll move through the whole design thinking development process in one weekend.
And you won't just be talking about design or sustainability, you will be working with others on developing ideas, designs and initiatives which could become real.
Whether you are experienced or completely new to the field here are some of the things that will happen:
- You will pick up a load of new ideas and work practices.
- You will meet a lot of interesting people at all levels of experience.
- Your work and ideas will be reviewed by your peers, and presented to the world, where they can be seen by potential customers or employers, or by people who could make them real.
- You will create something that might make a real difference.
- You might get rich and famous.
- You will certainly have a blast.
Friday: 18.00 - 20.00
Saturday: 9.30 - 18.00
Sunday: 9.30 - 16.30
I know you're a proud Mancunian, could you help us spread the word? Anyone you believe would be interested to participate? Thank you!
Head to the link to read more & book your tickets ->
#sustainability #designthinking #event #cource
I know a portion of the questions and thoughts (expressed at end) are already naturally processed. As we evolve through a connected world we collectively share our knowledge. What if we could manage and improve this natural process?
What is this infographic?
Over 10 nations are analysed (USA, United Kingdom, France, China, Australia, Germany, Taiwan, Canada, Spain and Japan) among 23 scientific disciples such as Astrophysics, Math or Biochemistry, and to reflect The Strenghts of Nations in scientific research through references. The result is useful to understand which areas of science are most closely connected to one another, are most and least intellectually vital, or which scientific areas produce the most patents.
It is constructed sorting about 800,000 scientific papers into 776 scientific paradigms based on how often the papers were cited together by authors of other papers.
Questions/ thoughts that came up to my mind...
How is the scientific focus influenced from nation's culture? Is this reflected at the industry level of each nation?
Is there a chance to create knowledge transfer opportunities (not just at the level of science) combining strengths and innovate for a more sustainable world? How can nations collaborate at this level?
I know you've touched many aspects of this with your analysis on the propagation of information through the web. I would really like to have your thoughts on this one.
The research is published in many online journals but was first posted in Nature Science journal.
Read more ->
#KnowledgeTransfer #Internet #SocialWeb #Science
Well, the man to speak about Semantics in the era of social web and search engine is (at my humble opinion)!
After all he's the author of Google Semantic Search book!
Now when David recommends a slideshare it's something that you should read!
is the author of this detailed piece of content and (I couldn't agree more David) it is well worth your time!
h/t for surfacing this on my stream.
So if you are close to Manchester any Friday of the month, you don't want to miss this Silicon DrinkAbout MCR! I've been in many events and this community is a live and growing project.
Three main reasons you should come on board!
1) Speak with people who get what you say and care. Not a common characteristic among our friends when you talk for this new API you managed to make work :), no really!
2) Network with like-minded people is great opportunity with many aspects! You might find your next co-founder or the designer you were looking for!
3) Most Fridays there are local startups sponsoring the event so you guessed right! You will get all of the above combined with free drinks!
is the usual suspect running the event, always smiley and willing to help together with , and is also a contributor to the event and moderator of this community!
I think you've been missing from Manchester lately! :) I can't really blame you, I know how much you love Greece's weather! But keep an eye, some great things take place in the city centre, and in case you come along drop me a line, please! :)
#Manchester #Startup #Community
Completely agree with you
Had a short experience of yesterday! Not much to express a robust opinion but it is surely an interesting product that I keep my eye on as it's being developed!
Have an interesting idea on how this can shift user experience to another level but the product is yet not fully integrated with other products, so I'm just patient.
- SocialGrowthManaging Director, 2015 - presentSocialGrowth is a consultancy providing businesses with innovation and marketing strategies with the goal to create social impact and global sustainability.
- MindegoFounder - Operations, 2013 - 2015
- Telcom NetworksChief Happiness Officer, 2013 - 2015Responsible for shaping customer experience during every interaction with telcom, from prospects to activated customers.Member of the managerial team shaping strategy, marketing and communications, shaping the message towards the whole spectrum of physical (e.g.: events, sponsorships) and digital (e.g.: website, social media).Creating training material for internal use to shape sales, and customer approach. Working close with the managing director to shape the culture both internally and externally.Team member of the Telcom Unity project providing insights and knowledge gained from my studies in CSR.
- Ritetag.comBusiness Development Advisor, 2013 - 2013Business Strategy, Digital Marketing Communications.
- Galoo / Misi.co.ukGrowth Hacker - Marketing Strategy, 2012 - 2012Using digital marketing techniques to grow Galoo's brand awareness. Responsible for helping drive user growth to create direct impact on top-line revenue. Following and shaping our customer journey to create the best Galoo user experience.Primary goal: metrics to go up and to the right.Specialties: Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, Website Design and Traffic Analysis, Search Engine Optimization, Display Advertising.
- inicio - SEO MarketingOnline Marketing Data Analyst, 2011 - 2012Online marketing data analyst at inicio a SEO Marketing agency. Emphasis on new media and diverse communication strategies. Goals: Demonstrate to the world, true 'Return on Investment' value, by implementing the right analytics.
- Ergafon COM SATelecommunication Engineer, 2006 - 2011Maintaining, troubleshooting/repairing, reporting and determining methodology for installing telecommunication service as well as appropriateness of equipment changes or modifications. • Sep 2007 - Sep 2009 Team member installing, maintaining and troubleshooting telecommunication equipment. • Sep 2009 – Sep 2012 Work-order execution commitment, team leader, customer communication and coordination.
- Arno HellasAssistant Project Manager / Marketing Team Member / Installation Coordinator, 2003 - 2005Main duty: Team member of a creative team that was responsible for: • Develop marketing campaigns for point-of-sales, displays, exhibitions, interiors, expositions, shop-in-shop implementations and illustrations, designs, infographics, corporate identity, multimedia material.• Change the existing marketing campaigns for point-of-sales, displays, exhibitions, interiors, expositions, shop-in-shop implementations and illustrations, designs, infographics, corporate identity, multimedia material.• Customer service and support.Some of our clients were L'Oreal, Maybelline, Germanos, Karelia.
- AtosNetwork support team for Athens 2004 Olympic Games, 2002 - 2003Main duty: Network installation, supervision, administration and troubleshooting at: • Jan-Apr 2004 - Network Engineer at Primary Data Center (PDC) as a support team member - Athens 2004 Olympic Games (Attiki, N.Ionia) • May-Jun 2004 - Network Engineer at Secondary data center (SDC) Equipment installation and administration support - Athens 2004 Olympic Games (Argolida, Nemea) • Jun-Aug 2004 - Network Engineer - Network Design and Equipment installation and administration support at Panpeloponnisiako Stadium Venue (Achaia, Patra)
- Spectrum LtdInsurance Sales Representative, 1997 - 2001• Jan 1999 - Oct 2000 Administrative support. Customers data entry, customers and agents service and support.• Oct 2000 – Apr 2003 Health Insurance Agent. Sales, customer service and support.Developing my sale skills I managed to create a customer's portfolio.
- elaunchr.comBusiness Strategy, 2013 - 2013Worked together with the managing director to investigate and analyze the business environment in order to create a business development strategy.Main duties: • Responsible for business and marketing strategy, online presence and communications. • Responsible for creating customer service and support framework.• Set-up product specifications.
- Manchester Business SchoolMaster of Entreprise, MEnt Business, 2013 - 2014Investigate the feasibility of new business models using critical thinking and decision-making methodologies. Combined enterprise, entrepreneurship and innovation research with a commercial perspective. Developed key business skills such as opportunity recognition, idea generation and the ability to transform ideas into tangible business proposals. Also gained essential knowledge and awareness in areas such as business analysis and market research.
- University of GreenwichBEng - Internet Engineering - Computer Networks, 2009 - 2013Final Year Project: During the FYP I used data analysis techniques to investigate user behaviour and recognize patterns in respect of similar interests and culture versus offline geographical location. An out-of-the-box topic which I selected due to my interest of social network analysis and user behaviour.
- Cisco Learning CenterCCNP, 2004 - 2005Attended seminars.
- Cisco Learning CenterCCNA, 2003 - 2004Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Petra CollegeArchitectural Design, 1998 - 2000Design Principles, Computer Systems, Unix, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.
- Rally Racer | Dirt
We work with businesses that want to increase sales through their web site by positioning them on the first page of web (Google, Yahoo and Bing) searches. The SEO game is all about leverage. It will never be won using outdated techniques that everyone else knows about. When clients choose Agility Media, they are choosing a competitive edge and an unfair advantage over their competitors.
Google Semantic Search: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Techniques That...
Optimize Your Sites for Today’s Radically New Semantic Search Breakthrough “semantic search” techniques are already transforming G...
You can not discover new oceans, unless you have the courage to lose the...
Plato (Greek Philosopher & Mathematician, 427 BC - 347 BC) Explore…like no other!
Yahoo Bets on the Only Thing that matters in the Semantic Web - Imassera...
Yahoo’s return to the top table round which sit Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple, marks a critical point in the company’s histo