Here's the rundown:
Robert Burns Collection
1. Lagavulin Truffle: chocolate truffle with a pronounced peat and smoke note and a hint of Lapsang Souchong tea.
2. Macallan: a square bonbon with two layers of filling; 1, dark ganache flavored with Macallan cask strength whisky; 2, Macallan flavored pistachio almond paste; coated with dark chocolate and topped with a split pistachio (a Classic malt taste)
3. Talisker: a rectangular bonbon coated in milk chocolate with a currant as garnish; the ganache made with hazelnuts, currants and Talisker whisky. Whisky creates a nice finish of leather and smoke.
4. Springbank: a large rectangular bonbon flavored with honey and the mildest of the different scotch whiskys. The chocolate is enrobed in dark chocolate and garnished with a double fork design. Springbank whisky is medium bodied with hints of vanilla, dried pear and almost floral notes.
5. Highland Park: a square bonbon with the flavor of grapefruit blended with one of the finest all around single malt whiskys. Enrobed with dark chocolate and sprinkled with shaved milk chocolate. Highland park is the most northern distilled whisky in the world and comes from the island of Orkney. The flavor balances heather, peat, malt and citrus in a very elegant way.
6. Glenfarclas: a small rectangular bonbon with a diagonal white chocolate cross resembling the shape and look of the Scottish flag. The flavor is a medium peat whisky that is paired with dark chocolate and dried figs.
7. Lagavulin Honey Truffle: this particular honey truffle has a thin ganache center with Lagavulin instead of rum.
- Ithaca CollegeCinema and Photo, 1988 - 1992
- Campolindo HSHigh School, 1985 - 1988
I am the founder, and managing editor of Drink Spirits and online magazine that helps people figure out what to drink. Beyond writing reviews, I enjoy going behind the scenes of notable brands around the world.
This year I caught the Vlogging bug and began to shoot video companions to most of our key articles. All our videos can be found on the Drink Spirits YouTube Page. One of my favorite ones up there is the series I shot in Trinidad for Carnival. While there are 5 videos in that series, the one that seems to have captured it the best is Episode 5.
Because of my job I travel quite a bit and love to share my photos in the +Travel Photography community as well as via twitter and instagram and of course on G+! I love food (and often share what I'm eating to Foodies+) but have vowed never to be a food blogger. I also LOVE movies (I used to own and run DVD Talk) but I'm not a movie geek, I have to use IMDB just as much as everyone else to look stuff up. I went to school for film and photography and love to take pictures.
One of my favorite pastimes is walking. Give me an amazing city and someone cool to talk to and I'll walk and talk for hours. It's one of the reasons I love NY and great walking cities like London, Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Paris and Barcelona.
Geoffrey Kleinman is the founder, and managing editor of DrinkSpirits.com, an online magazine dedicated to help people explore the vast world of distilled spirits. He is a nationally recognized spirits columnist, and has contributed to Playboy Magazine, Black Book Magazine and Essential Homme. He is also currently on the review team of Whisky Advocate Magazine.
As a leading expert on spirits and mixology, Geoff is often cited and has appeared in the Wall St. Journal, Business Insider, Yahoo Finance and Esquire. He jas also served as a judge for many spirit and cocktail competitions throughout the country.
Prior to Drink Spirits, Geoff founded and managed DVDTalk.com, one of the top 1000 web sites on the Internet. He was one of the early podcasting pioneers with DVDTalk Radio and an early mover with RSS and email newsletters. He first connected with the net in 1988 under bitnet and has hooked ever since.
Geoff is the founder of the Society of Modern Journalists, is Bar Certified by the Beverage Alcohol Resource Group, and is a Kentucky Colonel. Read him at http://www.DrinkSpirits.com.
In 2012 I moved my family from Portland, Oregon to Marblehead, MA. It was a massive life change and one which has completely reshaped my life and my family. I grew up on the west coast but have always had a deep love for the east coast. While the move was tough, settling in has been easy and I've loved being a part of all the great local sports that Boston has to offer (#GoBruins)!
I have two daughters (one of them a teenager, thus the emergence of grey hairs on my head) and one son. My wife Heather is the co-editor of Drink Spirits and the source of great inspiration and sanity. Parker, my dog is a labradoodle and one of the goofiest and most loving dogs I've ever met.
You can contact me via G+ or email me at geoff (at) kleinman.com.
- DrinkSpirits.comEditor, presentEditor and key reviewer for Drink Spirits.
- Kleinman.comWriter, Consultant, Entrepreneur, 2014
- Whisky Advocate MagazineWriter, 2014Buying guide writer/reviewer.
- Vulcan's Forge
- One World Internetworking
- Creative Artists Agency