988 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 159 previous comments
- LOL, remember when Microsoft won the advertising bid for this? (They took over from the OpenOffice ads, I believe.)
Back to reality, though, this installer is about the the JRE (and browser plugin) and not about the Java language.Feb 4, 2013
- I work at an IThelpdesk and i see people installing this load of diarrhea every freaking time!Feb 12, 2013
- Feb 12, 2013
- Now that's a pretty damn good tip! Thanks James Stansell!Feb 13, 2013
- Seriously? Downloading "better" updates and installers is the best way to install Trojans on your computer. Get your updates from the source. Learn how to uncheck a frikking box, like you have to do with dozens of other FREE programs, and get on with using your non-virus infected computer.
I now suspect that this whole meme was started as a way to con more people into downloading and installing malicious software.
Almost all of the FREE software which is used on millions of computers, stuff like Flash and Acrobat Reader and Java runtime, has an "option" to install crapware along with it. It is nothing new and is not a sign that the software is crap. Just a sign that the company is trying to make a few extra bucks off of stupid people. Get over it.Feb 13, 2013
- Doesn't runescape run java? Face it, this started long ago...Mar 19, 2013