Drop the beat Mr. President...
47 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 7 previous comments
- I would stay out of politics, you make half the people mad no matter what you do. Great way to loose your fans.Feb 14, 2013
- I think this has more to do with the dubstep "remix"ing than the content of the address. Calm down, G&S fans. Still, I think David has good advice...even if you aren't expressly endorsing or condemning anything, you're likely to get a strongly emotional response from anything involving politics these days.
I mean....if you feel strongly about it and want to make a statement/take a stand, fine...know what you're getting into first, but fine. If you just want to highlight some lolworthy happenings, perhaps avoid things like this, just to be safe.
Does it suck that this is the country we live in now? Where people can't just laugh at something funny because it has politicians in it? Yeah. It sure does.Feb 14, 2013
- "strongly emotional response" Yah that was me, sorry guys for the flame.Feb 16, 2013
- Grahme, for my part I refuse to be offended :)Feb 16, 2013
- I hadn't actually watched the video until just now, and my response was appropriate. This video was promoting propaganda. I saw the word immigrants mentioned, but I doubt he mentioned he's deported more people than any other president.
So no, I cannot laugh at material designed to deceive and not bring attention to our shortcomings and societal oversights.
If you think it sucks being in a county where we can't all laugh at politicians, try being in a country where you can't laugh because you've been blown up for no apparent reason by politicians thousands of miles awayFeb 16, 2013
- Pierce: you misunderstand me entirely. It's fine to be upset (or not) at the President or any other politician. I'm just saying that there's no real call to be upset at Geek&Sundry. They didn't link this video because of any of the political content, simply because the autotune/remixing of it made them laugh. Ignoring any of what is being said, that aspect is amusing, and I see no reason why one cannot enjoy the humor of this rendition as a separate thing from how they felt about the actual address. G&S is not endorsing or condemning any political view or policy with this link, just trying to share a funny music video.Feb 16, 2013