1. If you have a lot of subs who like you for what you do, they tend to overcome the dislikes and like your videos. It also allows a "quick way" for people to vote if they like what you have. It's a way small way for people to vote without having to comment.
2. The cream will rise to the top. If you are working hard and doing what you love and enjoy, why would dislikes bother you? While someone might be trolling you, they are "watching it" right?
Finally, I personally understand the reasons why you are disabling them, but usually as a content creator, I let the viewer decide if they like what I am doing and the audience usually strong enough to back me up to see if someone is trolling me, they will overcome and make the "likes overcome the dislikes".
Unlike iTunes, if someone gives a negative constructive opinion in the comments, your community may gang up on them, vote that comment down and they will never be heard. Or, what if you mute or delete that comment? We would never know.
I would agree that it does no good for the overall rating of a video, but at least the dislike can't be taken away while a comment could.
Keep up the good work David. Love your vids!
In any event, there is some clarification that needs to be made.
• The GGTV YouTube channel is 21 months old. Joined Nov 18, 2012. You kept hammering on the point that we have been on YT for a year....and thats just not true.
• The channel is just not "podcasts" that are posted to YT. I have done short reviews, opinion pieces, interviews, tutorials, and much much more. We have made visits (on my own dime) to CES, E3, PAX Prime, Minecon, and other awesome events. The interviews are done professionally, without compensation from them, and I edit it all together. - The execption to the pieces of video that I have posted from DVE Store. For them, they asked me to do some product overview videos in 4K. But, I'm not even working for them.
• You mentioned Audible and Squarespace as sponsors. Well, you got the first week ever with two sponsors on a show. Audible has ONE spot for the month of Aug, and Squarespace is BRAND NEW. You can check all the old stuff, it's true. - But the norm, is no sponsors usually.
• If feels like you imply that I don't work "hard" or put effort, and that I just blindly post my podcasts to youtube. Again, see the second point, I have also made stuff that is much much shorter.
• I have been creating content for over 8 years on the internet, started on my personal channel for a long time, but in Nov 2012, launched the new YT channel, to give people another way to be a part of the community.
• I also totally understand its all about community, and thats why we have a Minecraft Server. It's for them, we all work hard on it, and it's a great game. It doesn't take a huge time commitment to play, but it's one aspect of what GGTV is. We have over 700 members in our community forums. We chat about tech, gaming, geeking out, and yes, Minecraft too.
You are totally right on the content and state that it's about consistency and quality. I want to apologize if I offended you or your co-host in any way. I have been a subscriber to your channel for years (back in the MTP days) and enjoy your work.
It's really hard to fully respond, but I want to close with saying that I wasn't trying to cause trouble, and at the end of the day, I shouldn't of mentioned sup counts or anything like that. It's about consistency, community, quality and content.
Thanks for reading,
Unrelated, did you record the voice over with the Kinect mic or the headset?
Will you join GeekGamerTV's? They WILL BE CROSS PLATFORM!
City governments have talked about using Minecraft to work with kids...now one city in Australia is doing EXACTLY THAT! We show you that AND other top Minecraft News, the Server Showcase, Pack Picks and OF COURSE take your questions!
Episode 114: http://ggtv.me/mm114
Geek Gamer Network (GeekGamer.TV) was founded by Chase Nunes in 2005 based upon the creation of independent Internet Media and Broadcasting. Concentrating on technology, gaming with a community focus, the site is updated daily with audio/video programming geared toward information, fun and authenticity. Currently there are 4 different shows, with Minecraft Me currently in the top charts on the iTunes Marketplace:
GeekGamer.TV consists of the following shows:
The new show from Geek Gamer Network that is dedicated to mobile application developers, from the consumer point of view! Video Format.
Geek Gamer Weekly
Weekly show covering the top news in the world of technology and gaming. Hosted with Joseph Falbey, Jon Kessler and Chase Nunes. With added guests from the technology and gaming worlds that will be on the show from time to time. Also offered during this show are “Picks of the Week” where we pick an awesome item, URL, or other awesome pick! Shows last up to 90 minutes, but sometimes longer as discussion gets heated! Always good fun, authentic and unfiltered coverage of everything geek and gaming related can be found here!
This show is GeekGamer’.TV’s longest running internet broadcast going back six years! Formerly known as Control F12 and Hoser Chat. Video and Audio Formats.
From GeekGamer.TV that is all about Minecraft! It doesn’t matter if your a beginner or an expert, Chase Nunes and Joseph Falbey take you on a ride to know all there is about the wonderful world of Minecraft! Video and Audio Formats.
A series about the in’s and out’s of Telestream’s software solution for streaming, shot switching, and broadcasting. Video Formats
Other Various Specials
Assorted video and audio reviews of technology, gaming, and more.
GeekGamer.TV started as one show called “Hoser Chat” in 2005, and has now morphed into a full network of Independent Internet Content.
Now in 2013, the site more popular then ever with it’s authentic and community base.