in #2014 had a learning year and a turning point on various aspects as seen below (detailed doc here:: http://goo.gl/rUuoei
1. Google I/O Extended 2014 - our viewing party was able to follow in real time the events at I/O. This gave the community the opportunity to share, in real time, the new reveals during I/O.
2. Google I/O 2014 Aftermath - We shared goodies received from San Fransisco to our members including material design materials, and the famous Google Cardboard that accentuates #virtualReality
3. Helping revamp GDG Kenyatta University and learning the lessons around it.
4. Show and Tell sessions of accomplishments by our members, such as +geoaddress
5. G|Days Kenya 2014 - this was quite successful with business people and techies having a common meeting ground on the day.
event (in collaboration with GSAs from University of Nairobi). I led an interactive session at the University of Nairobi, with an audience of 47 women, and 1 man.
I gave the attendees a challenge, to share a sentence/paragraph/blog online on the theme tags: #create #connect #celebrate
on social media, with an aim of women in tech and what they have been able to accomplish.
But the most memorable of them all had to be:
7. Village Hack 1.0 - #VillageHack
is an initiative by members of GDG Nairobi members and Beyonde Labs; a one day long hackathon, with the members coming from the city and campuses therein, but whose local rural village was Lugulu, graced by; local tech leaders and enthusiasts, local telcos representative, and government representatives of ICT in various sectors.