A map of North Carolina.
26 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 13 previous comments
- To the people who are fretting about the idea that not having a bachelors degree makes you a prejudiced hick, this is not so. Its more to do with the fact that there appears to be a strong relationship between minimal education and prejudice attitudes. Its not that having a degree makes you less or more prejudiced, it's just you are just more likely to have a degree if you are well educated, and hence more likely to factor into that anti prejudice behavior pattern.May 12, 2012
- Well I don't know how the left can claim to be about the "common man" and then blast anyone that don't live in metro areas. People often come from "these" areas to "these" universities to get those degrees. To imply that people that live in these areas are either stupid, bigoted or both is just wrong on it's face.
This is simply a calculate topic that is meant to overshadow the economy and foreign affairs. Remember, it's one thing after another to change the argument. Obama spiking the football "Bin Laden anniversary". Contraception was before that.
If we don't get our financial house in order, it will not matter what type of social policies we have set up. We will be living like a third world country. If people can so readily see Global Warming as an imminent threat, why can't they see the economy (and bigger picture, the deficit) as just as big a danger to our very way of life.May 12, 2012
- College, and education in general, promotes independent thought and broadens your horizons. You learn to question things that you used to take for truth. This applies to what was hammered into your head while sitting in a pulpit.May 16, 2012
- What about what is hammered into your head sitting in a seat at college. Tell me that no Professors ever let their political leanings pour over into their lectures. You cannot because you know that it would be untrue. And for the record, I have only been to church maybe a dozen times in my life, and will soon be graduating with my first degree.May 16, 2012
- There tends to be enough diversity for students to get a broad picture, but undoubtedly that can also happen. Congrats on your degree.May 16, 2012
- Thanks mate ;)May 17, 2012