I also have managed global online communities with multi-million membership levels.
- Seattle University School of LawLaw, 1996 - 1999
- Western Washington UniversityPolitical Science, 1992 - 1996
- GoDaddyDirector and Global Head of SEO, 2015 - presentI oversee the global SEO program for GoDaddy. We want to deploy SEO compliant websites within our web portfolio in addition to deploying optimized customer website products.
- SEO, Social Media, Community ConsultantSEO, Social Media, Digital Marketing, 2002 - present
- Catalyst OnlineSEO Director, 2011 - 2015Develop and drive the organic search strategy for various Fortune 500 companies utilizing SEO and Social Media tactics. This includes managing a team of experienced SEO Managers and collaborating with website development, design and content publishing teams. Clients include, but not limited to: • Microsoft.com • Windows Phone • Xbox Support • Xbox.com • MSN.com • Chevron • Hallmark • IKEA Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Implement Best SEO Practices • Speak about SEO at conferences and presenations • Conduct SEO keyword research • Develop content publishing calendar based upon seasonal keyword trends • Conduct on-page SEO • Implement SEO backlinking campaigns • Create scalable SEO backlinking solutions • Conduct SEO training for web developers, designers and editorial staff • Provide SEO evaluations and consulting • Publish optimized website copy • Implement Social Media strategies and campaigns • Implement blogging solutions and provide blog training • Create technical SEO specifications for developers/designers • SEO project manager lead for site creation and/or redesign • Train SEO Manager and SEO Specialist personnel • Create and write corporate SEO policy • Create and write corporate International Campaign Landing Environment SEO policy • Optimize and develop Pinterest Social Media campaigns • Optimize and develop Twitter Social Media campaigns • Optimize and develop Facebook Social Media campaigns • Optimize and develop YouTube Social Media campaigns • Optimize and develop LinkedIn Social Media campaigns • Optimize and develop Google+ Social Media campaigns
- MicrosoftCommunity Program Manager, 2010 - 2011• Provided SEO training and seminars for community membership. • Identify and award top influential experts in the technical community and maintain the relationship between them and Microsoft. • Manage the relationship with customers who are active in technical communities. • Business and strategy planning for assigned countries/regions. • Identify and execute on projects to grow the business. • Define, Measure, track, and communicate KPIs around business performance. • Manage the finances of the business to achieve business goals. • Engage proactively with internal client stakeholders and Microsoft Field teams to develop strategies, plans and supporting resource budgets that further the successful accomplishment of organization and team goals, as well as team/region plans. • Create or align market opportunities where community influencers will be able to provide feedback to Microsoft, advocate our products and/or support users of our products. • Identify new opportunities to engage community influencers in support of local Microsoft initiatives and business needs.
- Microsoft - MSNSEO Manager, 2009 - 2010• Utilize best SEO practices for various channels (Autos, Health, Lifestyle, Money & Real Estate) • Work with development to enhance internal SEO tools and CMS platforms • Provide SEO training for MSN.com editors • Provide SEO consulting for MSN.com partners (i.e. CareerBuilder.com, FoxSports.com) • Identify technical SEO issues and provide solutions • Conduct keyword research and evaluate seasonal keyword search patterns • Recommend subject matter for content publishing and publication timing • Write and publish website copy • Provide SEO requirements for new sites and site sections • Monitor analytics reporting by channel for MSN.com The following MSN.com channels realized the following organic search traffic increases during my SEO tenure: • Autos +9.36% • Health +45.82% • Lifestyle +195.15% • Real Estate +47.25%
- GMI (Global Market Insite, Inc.)Sr. Operations Manager - SEO/SEM Manager, 2006 - 2009Senior Operations Manager for the development, retention and engagement of a global online community of 6 million members servicing market research needs. This $65 million annual asset was active throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. This role entailed extensive operational, marketing and program management duties: • Managed day-to-day operations of online community • Identified annual multi-million dollar affiliate recruitment fraud issue • Identified best email practices preventing 35% annual revenue loss • Reduced language support costs by 50% • Implemented online fraud prevention measures • Implemented member account security measures • Implemented database quality measures • Product manager for community internal admin tools development • Managed of off-shore CS team of 40+ individuals • Site manager for community member portals • Managed external community member communications - Newsletters, email campaigns & blogging • Conducted competitive research • Continued with SEO, SEM & Social Media duties Worked with Internet Marketing team, Development and Testing while managing the company SEO and SEM program. • Managed SEO/SEM for 26 B2B, B2C websites • Managed an annual PPC budget of $250,000 • Increased organic referral traffic to corporate site by 42% within 5 months through SEO • Increased organic referral traffic to community sites by 47% within 5 months through SEO • Increased number of top 10 targeted keywords for corporate website in Google by 75% through SEO • Reduced average PPC conversion costs for software products by 76% • Devised best SEO practices • Conducted on-page SEO • Conducted SEO training • Developed and managed SEO backlinking campaigns • Created technical SEO specifications web design team • Created corporate Social Media presence (i.e. Twitter, YouTube) • Created corporate blogs and conducted WordPress blog training • Devised Social Media campaigns to increase traffic acquisition and community membership • Created blog publishing calendar that targeted high value SEO keywords
- AttorneyAttorney, 1999 - 2006• Managed firm Internet marketing opportunities • Implemented best SEO practices for firm website - Developed SEO strategy - Published SEO site copy - Conducted SEO keyword research - Conducted competitive SEO analysis - Delivered SEO reporting - Implemented on-page SEO improvements - Developed SEO campaign strategies - Executed SEO backlinking tactics • Managed SEM campaigns in Google, AdCenter and Yahoo PPC • Site manager for firm website driving lead generation • Published website copy • Managed an annual client caseload of 120 - Evaluated case strengths and weaknesses - Conducted hundreds of evidentiary motion hearings • Negotiated criminal lawsuit settlements • Represented client matters from initial interview through case conclusion
5 project management software features your team isn't using - Office Blogs
It’s no secret that the right project management software increases productivity for project managers and their teams. But which five tools
Secure Multi-Domains with a SAN SSL Certificate - GoDaddy
The SAN SSL Certificate is the best way to secure multi-domains. Protect your websites and your users today.
Pokémon Go lures gamers to local businesses, domains
Pokemon Go isn't just for gamers. See how local businesses are taking advantage of their new captive audience at PokeStops across the countr
Enterprise SEO - The World Is In Your Hands By Garth O'Brien
From the SMX Advanced Conference in Seattle, Washington, June 22-23, 2016. SESSION: Advanced Enterprise SEOs, Unite!. PRESENTATION: Enterpri
3 things businesses can learn about email security from the Panama Paper...
Learn more about the Panama Papers leak and why email encryption and other security measures are vital to your business.
Top 100 Most Followed SEO Experts On Twitter For 2016 | Josh Steimle
You needed to have at least 25,760 Twitter followers to get into this Top 100 list.
SEO Tools | Search Engine Visibility Internet Marketing - GoDaddy
Need SEO Tools? Let GoDaddy help you optimize your website, with our DIY SEO Software. Sign up today!
Email Archiving: The Best Email Feature You Never Use
A great deal of a company’s intellectual property is stored in email, so make sure you are using email archiving to protect the data.
10 ways to improve Google keyword ranking - The Garage
From backlinks to image optimization, learn how to improve Google keyword ranking for your small business website.
Free SSL Certificate | Compare Against Paid SSL - GoDaddy
A free SSL certificate sounds very enticing. Compare how a free SSL cert stacks up against paid SSL Certificates. Features, protections and
Project manager's guide to planning a perfect project
Avoid project planning failures with these 7 tips to planning the perfect project.
Personal Domains | One Click to Connect Your Social Presence – GoDaddy
Register your personal domains today with GoDaddy. Forward your personal domain to any site or the social presence of your choice.