- State University of New York at Binghamton1991
I: create communities; engage; give people their voice; tell their stories. Why do stories matter? No one wants your "message". Tell an authentic story which connects people.
Give me a platform- I will create a movement.
No longer a broadcast society; users, listeners, employees, viewers, audiences, customers each has a voice, a story, and craves safe community support with trusted information, interaction, and recommended resources.
Not another guru turned social- I've lived and worked this way in 2 decades of health and strategic communications- in every medium- from print to network, events to policy. I have grown with my experience to a leader in the health + design industries.
1) Partner to grow existing communities I've built
2) Create new communities unique to your needs and
3) Represent your organization, and/or partner through television/video, radio and/or online.
- Founder Top 10 health chats- reaching over 7 million an hour; engaging international healthcare leaders daily. Grown from chat to radio, video, online communities, social campaigns.
- Recognized as a pioneer at cross section of design and health- combining universal, sensory, accessible and sustainable design for the home, health systems, built environments.
- Engaging speaker, trainer and media representative from network television to conferences.
Recent: Top 100 Healthcare Information Technology Influencers 2011, 2012, 2013. Top 1% Kred (online influence). Weekly guest online, print, blog radio, G+, 97.5 Pin to Buy Pinterest. Top non-promoted search Sensory Room Ideas Top 50 Healthcare Influencers to Follow on Twitter
As a brand: Trust I've earned transfers to programs and projects that improve millions. After stints on every side of media, from Today Show guest to 20/20 producer, publisher of a weekly newspaper- I understand each media role. I'm currently looking for the right partnerships that enable a talk show that integrates my many communities and initiatives.
"Big Ideas" Health Strategist- Consultant with fabulous healthcare minds around the world. 20 years in health communications. Creator of hundreds of health collaborations, initiatives and public-private partnerships.
"Cat Herder" Community Founder- Carpool Health Community- Founded at a chat on twitter #CPHC on Tuesdays at 1 ET to highlight health intiatives that work around the world. Grew into Platform communities on G+, FB, elsewhere. Received 6 figure sponsor at 1 month old. Now launching first crowdsourced community of communities, resources and data- one place for trust, content, communications for physicians AND patients AND caregivers. Our CoPs volunteer leaders create and direct their own communities, our technology will work towards a customized experience for each user. Sponsors always welcome ;-) No, seriously... this may be grass roots, but the water bill can be high to water the grass!
Serial Social Entrepreneur- Been working on Life Guide Institute for the past several years to create solutions for trusted information, communication and resources to re-empower the physician- patient relationship. Bentley & Company Public Relations firm with an emphasis on cause-related marketing in healthcare | Brought Working Weekly to a $100 million valuation with a $1.8 million raise in under 6 months | Created an e-commerce company with 100% positive feedback | Ran a consulting company evaluating and writing businesses plans, operations and M&A's for everything from a new pharmaceutical to a REIT | Current venture continuing 20 years of passionate work for better healthcare: Life Guide Institute: Re-engaging the trusted physician-patient relationship through accurate content, secure communications, and physician-led recommendations for resources.
We can take extraordinary challenges in our lives and let them kill what is good within us, or we can make them matter by helping others.
- Demand DesignFounder, presentDemand Design is a movement and community for and by healthcare providers, interior designers, architects, Baby Boomers, parents, physicians, contractors, home-owners that is built around shared ideals of universal, sensory, accessible and sustainable design. Your home should be your haven: surrounded by beauty, reflecting your loves and lifestyle while making your life easier. As you are not defined by your challenges, your home need not create another barrier to a fulfilled life or the lives of your loved ones. Everyone can be easily welcomed and safe in your home regardless of age, ability or interests. Great design works for you, enabling you to save your energy for what matters most –your family, your friends, your work, what brings you joy. You need never sacrifice great design. And, you can honor a sustainable environment and integrate sensory design while creating surroundings that adapt to changes in your family. You deserve to live a life of dignity and independence always. You can. You are your greatest advocate. Regardless of what life brings you, the Design Demand books, resources, experts and supportive communities will inspire and empower you to live the life of love and laughter you were meant to live. Demand Design was founded by Gail Zahtz, and will be regularly including more expert contributors. Feel free to contact us to contribute articles- everyone has something to share, so whether you are a designer, healthcare provider, or caregivers, you are an expert in your life. We seek to include a wide range of voice to include how broad the areas of Demand Design include: accessible, sensory, universal and sustainable design; better living in your home regardless of challenges; products and resources for professionals and individuals. Also feel free to let us know how we can continue to improve the site in the comment right here. We will try to be as responsive as possible. Demand Design is another project by Carpool Health family of communities. Our mission is to connect services and solutions with those who need them. Our focus is communities which connect people from platforms like this one for partnerships to private community campaigns for your own brand. We specialize in health and the many places this touches- from design for healthcare, to books on related topics to physician-patient relationships. We support communities with a wide reach of social media platforms that we have, and those we can build. Our expertise covers the highest quality leaders in every industry that this touches including: marketing, technology, security, medical providers, designers and architects, publishing, social media and events. The goal is always community- connecting experts with those in need one to one. We have moved from a broadcast society to a world of engagement in a real and meaningful way. Whatever you need to make that shift, we have the expertise to make it happen.
- Life Guide InstititueFounder, presentLife Guide Institute represents a global network of health and design leaders committed to changing the world of health and design through engaged relationships, trusted communities and recommended resources, Gail Zahtz is THE leader of the cross section of health and design- including universal, sensory, sustainable and accessible design in homes, health facilities and communities. Technology is a tool that enables better patient care. We believe in global communications for local healthcare delivery- because healthcare is delivered differently in every region of the globe. We partner with existing best-in-class health care systems and existing patient groups, designers and manufacturers, government and associations so that we serve as a hub for what is already good and sound within the healthcare system, the built environment and medical technology. Whether around the leadership of Gail Zahtz as speaker or mentor, or bringing in some of the greatest leaders within every relevant discipline, we understand how to solve the problems of health systems, physicians, and patients to improve the health and outcomes of one patient at a time. Even more, we are the trusted representative for the generation of Baby Boomers, those who refuse to be limited by disability or disease, parents challenged with children of special needs- we know what they need, where they are, and how to reach them. When someone says what's next in health and design- they turn to Gail Zahtz and her teams.
- Carpool Health Community #CPHCFounder, 2013 - presentCentered around communities of physicians, patients, providers and caregivers, Carpool Health is bringing everyone together through trusted content, community and resources. #CPHC immediately became a too ten health chat since its first week in January 2013. The energy of the community elicited a six figure sponsor in a month. Recognized as an organization to watch, Carpool Health has quickly ramped up to prepare its first version of a personalized website that connects physicians and patients through chat, content, idea forums, rated resources, and under the hood research and learning. It's values if trust, transparency and collaboration follows in a transparent revenue model - the first not based in pharmaceutical. The strength of the Carpool is the heart and expertise if communities led by international physicians and others leading the next changes in healthcare.