“He's a carnival sideshow that just sucks the air out of the room and steals the spotlight just for the simple fact that he wants to have the headlines,” Bonjean said.
“He has an ego the size of a Mack truck,” Bonjean continued. “People love watching Donald Trump because of the outlandish statements he makes. They love watching a car accident.”
Just what is this “oh-so-powerful” thing? Simply put, copywriting is the business of convincing consumers. Creating the desire to want…
Copy is content developed for business or promotional purposes. Copywriters are professional writers who create copy. A copywriter’s goal is to have readers perform an action, such as buying goods and services or signing up for an email list.
I have been getting enough heat for being an SEO for years. I don't want to give that up to get just another ugly label people disapprove of.
Even blogger is almost deragatory here. What, you can make money with THAT?
Increasing the visibility of female role models in science and in fields like robotics, engineering, and computer science, fields often associated with males, is certainly important.
To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)
Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except North Dakota, which she does not fancy).
Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.
Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.
To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:
1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').
2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.'
3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.
4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.
5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.
6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.
7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.
8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.
9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.
10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialect in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.
11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).
12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first to take the sting out of their deliveries.
13.. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.
14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).
15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.
God Save the Queen!
PS: Only share this with friends who have a good sense of humour (NOT humor)!
- Level 343International SEO Consultant, 2005 - present
- Bay CreativeSenior Project Management, 2012 - 2014
- Indelible BrandingSEO director, 2013 - 2014
- B StudioCreative Director, UI, 1998 - 2003
- Senior Partner at Level343
- International Business Development
- Read & write 5 languages
If I don't know you, please introduce yourself or I won't add you.
I write a few languages on my public time line. I speak my mind therefore if you're offended by strong language or an opinionated person you know how to un-circle me. I do not promote clients, products, or links unless I truly believe in them.
Save WAMM! The Gold Standard Cannabis Collective | Indiegogo
Since 1993, WAMM has grown medical marijuana to supply patients who can't otherwise afford medicine. | Crowdfunding is a democratic way to s
These Kids Have Some Logical Reactions to the Apple Watch
TheFineBros' YouTube series of kids reacting to stuff has a new entry – and this time they're taking a look at the Apple Watch! Or â?¦
How I do keyword research (and why it still matters) - State of Digital
Post-Hummingbird what's the best way to conduct the most effective keyword research possible? Gianluca Fiorelli explains his approach and th
Is Europe America's Online Colony? American Influence on the Web - Schae...
Marketing. Social Media. Humanity.
29 Experts Reveal The 3 Critical Link Building & SEO Tools They Rely...
Discover the exact link building & SEO tools 29 SEO experts use every single day. You will also learn exactly how they use them to drive ran
Truly Human Leadership - Putting People Before Numbers
When most people think of manufacturing companies, the "future of work" is not exactly a phrase that comes to mind, nor is "leadership." Yet
Alcatraz [San Francisco] – 3 di 6 | Alessandra Colucci | consulente in B...
Dopo aver condiviso con voi le mie riflessioni su San Fancisco e avervi presentato la città in generale, nonché dopo aver cercato di trasmet
SEO Jobs: Average Salaries, Top Cities for Candidates
Career Management - The demand for jobs that require search engine optimization (SEO) skills has increased 18% since 2012, according to a re
San Francisco: città e dintorni – 1 di 6 | Alessandra Colucci | consulen...
Il mio viaggio a San Francisco è stato differente da quelli protagonisti dei reportage che ho scritto sinora, non solo perché stavolta ho su
CLICK HERE to support Don't Be Evil, the Documentary
Still early! Help us finish this documentary! Contribute! Get involved :-) | Crowdfunding is a democratic way to support the fundraising nee
How I Increased My List Opt-In Conversions By 56.35%
Looking to increase your mailing list opt-ins? Learn how one simple and easy change increased my opt-in conversion rate by 56.35%!
Way too cute: Orphaned baby rhino 'Little G' really thinks he's a lamb
They say the best kind of friendships are the most unlikely - as proven by this unusual animal duo.
The Impending Demise of Google+? - State of Digital
With the news of Vic Gundotra's departure from Google, the fate of his social network Google+ is unclear. Will it disappear or evolve in to
Experts are Saying Guest Blogging will Rule in 2015: Find out Why!
Guest blogging might not be as inherent a practice as before, but blogging and marketing experts say it could play an important role in 2015