Still pondering for a job opportunity? Thinking of pursuing your education, but worried that you would not have the chance to practice your research skills? Have the passion to sharpen your research abilities but do not have the platform to do so?
Worry not! Now is your opportunity to hone your skills in the field of research! Be involved in research projects, which focuses primarily on pre-school and primary education. The Institute of Teacher Education, Batu Lintang Campus is now hiring!
Our research team would operate on a daily basis, sourcing for research materials and prepare relevant documentations, information and liaise with key players which enables this project to run. We would be going to the research field accordingly and work closely with stakeholders in order to achieve the long-term objectives.
Your role in this team would be, but not limited to
• Sourcing, preparing and digesting relevant information which would be the basis of the research project.
• Assisting to prepare research materials and tools for discussions and also project works.
• Collect, record, and key in data with given research tools within a specific timeframe.
• Day to day updates on report and log management on the progress of the research
• Assisting researchers on the research field to collect data, communicating with respondents as needed.
• Ad-hoc duties which is academic-related.
SPSS is our tool of choice and an in-depth knowledge of the platform is great but not essential. What’s really important is that you are showing the signs of being a proactive and skilful researcher in handling raw data. We can help you make the step up to that level. Transferable skills from other data processing tools will be fine. The thing that we really need to see is some background in:
• Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Have some research experience (be it in your degree or diploma level).
• Have certain knowledge on both quantitative and qualitative research.
• Diligent in ensuring accuracy of data collected, before meticulously keying them into the data processing tools.
• Good command in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Knowing local Sarawak dialects is a plus to assist you in assimilating with your surroundings.
• Proactive in sourcing for information.
Interested with what you have read? Drop us an email at email@example.com or contact Mdm. Chuah Kim Hwa at the email address. Alternatively, do fill in the form in the attachment, attention it Mdm. Chuah before snail-mailing it with your resume to the following address before the 16th November 2015 (Monday, 5.00pm):
Jabatan Penyelidikan & Inovasi Prof. Keguruan
Institut Pendidikan Guru Kampus Batu Lintang
Jalan Kolej, 93200 Kuching,