One of the BEST biscotti you will ever make - Cornmeal Craisin Biscotti with Toasted Walnuts and Orange Zest.
Bet you can't eat just one.
Here is the recipe!
Cornmeal Craisin Biscotti with Toasted Walnuts and Orange Rind
(adapted from David Lebovitz - Cornmeal Biscotti)
(We doubles this recipe to make about 60 cookies)
3 cups of flour
1 cup of cornmeal, preferably stone ground
2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Zest of one orange
1/2 cup of butter, melted and cooled
1-1/2 cups of craisins
2 cups of walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
3-4 tablespoons of demerara sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, place parchment paper on 3 cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, place the dry ingredients of flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix together and then put aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix eggs, vanilla and orange zest with a small hand whisk.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients bowl. Pour in the egg mixture, stir, then add the melted butter. Mix until the batter becomes wet and crumbly. Add the craisins and walnuts and mix to incorporate all ingredients.
5. Place the mixture on a slightly floured counter or board and knead a few times. Divide the dough into three pieces. Roll two logs 2 inches by 13 inches from each piece. Place 2 logs per cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden and they feel set. Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes.
7. Reduce the oven to 250 degrees. Remove the biscotti from the parchment paper and using a serrated knife, cut the biscotti on a diagonal about 1 inch apart.
8. Place the cookies on the cookie sheet (no parchment paper needed) and bake for 20 minutes. remove from oven and cool.
9. Enjoy and then freeze a few. Always great to have something special when guests stop by.#biscotti #biscottirecipe #friendsfoodfamily
For more information visit http://www.friendsfoodfamily.com