Basic Document Scanning in ChromeOS
is going through the process of an API proposal. It means it's getting closer and that the chromium team loves to experiment wherever it can.
What this is designed to be:
- Method for discovering USB and LAN attached document scanners
- Method for retrieval of an image from an attached scanner, initially just to the Downloads directory.
- Architecture for separating privilege so the capture process is well sandboxed both from the logged-in user or any privileged account on the system.
What this won't be:
- Document conversion service
- Document distribution (beyond the local device)