The Chrome OS team is experimenting with a Touch-Friendly version of the launcher in Canary 🐥 channel. Enable the chrome://flags/#enable-fullscreen-app-list flag, restart Chrome, and press the Search 🔍 key to see it in action.
163 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 11 previous comments
- this is a launcher for Android apps on a Chromebook. Unless Google is going to port the Android runtime to Windows there wouldn't be much use. I suppose it could launch Chrome apps but somewhat redundant.Jul 8, 2017
- hey, you never know... Until pretty recently Google included their app launcher as a standalone product for Windows as well! Given Microsoft's more recent 'walled garden' tactics, it would be pretty unlikely it would happen again, though...Jul 8, 2017
- I have the Launcher extension installed in Chrome and hadn't really taken much notice of how many Chrome apps I actually have and actively use. It certainly could be useful to some.Jul 8, 2017
- gnome-shell likeJul 8, 2017
- I wonder every time when I am visually searching for newly installed app in the launcher, which random algorithm is used to insert new app between other apps in the launcher.
Here is an example what I mean, two last installed apps in this order:
- Reboot Logger
Now take a look how they were placed in launcher, somewhere in the second page and last app was shifted to the third page by this operation. Isn't it a very strange behaviour?Nov 19, 2017
- In Chrome OS 63, the shelf is not adhering to my settings when in tablet mode. I prefer the shelf on the right and with auto-hide on. Now in Ch OS 63, when I switch to tablet mode, the shelf is on the bottom and not hidden.
Can you please tell me where this new behavior is being discussed? I haven't had one issue due to the shelf being hidden on the right, with apps going into tablet mode and breaking. If I want to access the important navigation items, I know where they are and get at them by swiping the shelf into view.
I did have an issue with the new behavior, running the Android app Squid for drawing, where my palm was resting on the shelf at the bottom of the screen (instead of on the right where it used to be), and caused the settings tray to be displayed while I was trying to draw.
The only way to make an app full screen in tablet mode is to hide the shelf by swiping it away, since the keyboard is inactive. Will you continue to be able to swipe the shelf away with this new behavior?Jan 13, 2018
- My facebook account said someone signed into my account Android chrome.... What does that mea48w
Add a comment...