Try to find the error!
43 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 41 previous comments
- Sorry 2nd to last.May 10, 2014
- X = (pi + 3)/2 > 3
So where you have:
(3 - x)^2 = (pi - x)^2
The LHS: 3 - x is actually negative.
So by taking it's square root you need to take into account an imaginary part.May 10, 2014
- I think its correct.May 10, 2014
- Cutely a ÷0 where 0 = π-3.
(The other solution is the original.)May 10, 2014
- Where in the proof did we establish that 2πx = 9?
It just sort of came out of nowhere on the left side of step 5.
Then we used this baseless assumption to switch out the 9 on the right side of step 5 with 2πx.May 12, 2014
- if we write the seventh step (x-3)^2 = (π-x)^2, equality is preserved and returns us to the first step.May 17, 2014