asking many of the same questions as Mr Wallis but without the benefit of seeing the one he stands before, which includes a woman on horseback. In the US-exhibited painting, one of the children shrinks from the sparks, as if he had been burned, thus answering one of Mr Wallis's questions. I love Joseph Wright of Derby's nocturnal paintings, and could live in that world with him.
Long form journalism is not dead, it's just been waiting for the web to figure out how to present it in a worthy format. And it's getting there!
Hopefully, my next website can deliver snacks and banquets and bring out the best of each.
- Fran JurgaExhibit design consultant and writer, 1985 - presentExhibit planning and design services for aquariums, zoos and museums as an architectural sub-contractor. Complete exhibit program clients have included the Tennessee Aquarium (phases 1 and 2), Ring of Fire Aquarium (Osaka), Genoa Aquarium, Oceanario (Lisbon), US Fish and Wildlife Service National Conservation Training Center, Mystic Aquarium, New Hampshire Seacoast Science Center, and visitor centers for the US Fish and Wildlife Service and National Forest Service. Feasibility studies and planning phases for major cities worldwide for exhibitions, institutions and visitor centers in the United States, Canada, Japan, France, Germany, Great Britain and Ireland. Current project: commercial aquarium development for a major US retailer.
- Fran JurgaFreelance writer and publishing/web content consultant, 1985 - present
- The Jurga ReportWriter, editor, 2006 - present
- Hoofcare PublishingWriter, editor, publisher, consultant, 1985 - present
In 2010, Fran turned her attention to the excitement of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games (WEG) in Lexington, Kentucky with "Discover WEG with Fran Jurga", an info-saturated, media-rich news source. Other specialty news projects have included The Equine Network's WorldRides about the 2008 Olympic equestrian events and a special tour blog for the Spanish Riding School of Vienna.
Fran's work is not limited to horses. She has worked extensively in the field of exhibit design and conceptual planning for the architectural and institutional development of zoos, aquariums, natural history museums, and visitor centers throughout the world. If you've been to an aquarium and seen the writing on the wall, chances are that Fran Jurga conceived of and composed it.
Fran is the author of the award-winning reference book Understanding the Equine Foot, as well as The Farmers Market Cookbook and Best Country Inns of New England. She has worked as a ghostwriter, editor and publicist in the book publishing field.
Creative publishing and new media projects, both entrepreneurial and for clients, fill Fran's days but she always has time to brainstorm the next one. Call or email Fran to talk about how she can help get your best message into print, onto the web, or condensed into the 140 characters of Twitter.
- Simmons CollegeB.A. Journalism
- Massachusetts College of Artphotography and graphic design courses
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, BostonPhotography courses
- Fine Arts Work CenterCreative Writing, 2008 - 2008
- Simmons CollegeWeb and graphic design courses, 2009 - 2010
Fran Jurga`s Hoof Blog: News from Hoofcare + Lameness: Just Wait Til Nex...
Spritely 11-year-old Tahoe Warrior started in 11 Thoroughbred races and won both with and without shoes on in 2014. As kingpin of trainer Wa
People of the Horse - Photo GalleryPhotogallery - National Geographic Ma...
Horses forever changed life on the Great Plains. They allowed tribes to hunt more buffalo than ever before. They tipped the balance of power
Markus Müller, the Veterinarian: For the welfare of the ponies - St. Mor...
Markus Müller has been the veterinarian at the Polo World Cup on Snow for 30 years now. And there has never been a serious accident.
Animal Health Foundation: Australian University Researchers Launch Inter...
In a bid to counter the deadly effects of equine laminitis, Queensland University of Technology (QUT) will launch a worldwide study to under
Fran Jurga`s Hoof Blog: News from Hoofcare + Lameness: World Champions a...
When 2013 World Champion David Varini and 2008 World Champion Paul Robinson went into business together, did they ever think that their farr
Equine Metabolic Syndrome: Watch Your Horse's Weight -- Nancy Jaffer wit...
The first obvious evidence of Equine Metabolic Syndrome likely is weight gain. But the dangers of this condition go far beyond pudginess. Th
Animal Health Foundation: Equine Incretins in Laminitis Research: Animal...
On September 24, the Animal Health Foundation Board of Directors announced a $70,000 grant to Professor Martin Sillence of the Queensland Un
Photo diary Michael Jung - Day 2 - Horses International
Arnd Bronkhorst / www.arnd.nl · Luhmühlen to soften track after receiving heavy criticism. Luhmühlen Horse Trials Luhmühlen Horse Trials is
News Capsule: Jerich Parzival Declared Fit; Cornelissen Prepares to Defe...
Fran Jurga's insight: The European Dressage Championship begins in two weeks in Denmark. And surprise, surprise! the 2011 champion will be t
Writer's imagination runs free on the moor where she keeps her wild ponies
by Sarah Pitt Pony books are usually aimed at girls. But Exmoor farmer-turned-writer Victoria Eveleigh has just written a trilogy with boys