NC law "School Violence Prevention Act" makes it a crime for students to speak ill of their teachers online--even if it's the truth. Do you think this infringes on students' freedom of speech or is it necessary to protect teachers?
25 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 44 previous comments
- How is that violence.....I'm sure everyone has spoken ill of a teacher once in their lifetime. Its just another stupid law so the gov. can have more control.Dec 6, 2012
- this is true everyone has this is an outrage what else do we have to doDec 6, 2012
- It looks like our Government will chip away at our right unless we make a stand and say NO...!Dec 6, 2012
- lol again, this is exactly the same as current legal precedent has been for years and years. why all of a sudden now is it an "outrage" and "chipping away at our rights"?Dec 6, 2012
- Private establishments whether it be physical or online have policies that direct what they believe to be appropriate. That is there right as a free establishment to do. However, the government can and should by the writing of the constitution pass no law the limits the freedom of the governed to speak and express themselves. By that means, can nor should they use the opinions of the people against them.
I don't care at this point if it is believed that the 1st amendment has been infringed upon, the fact is by the constitution they can't and shouldn't.
I really don't care that teachers don't like it when they are spoken I'll of, I don't care if I'm spoken I'll of, it is not my right nor the role of the government to regulate what comes out of my mouth or anyone else'sDec 6, 2012
- Whatever happened to parents stepping up and disciplining their kids? Why should a law be allowed be put into place that's redundant to the first amendment whether its limited or not? This is pointless law put in place by politicians that don't really care what is going on. Just putting another law on the books to show that he or she is active to the voters nothing more. This is redundant law period and people should be concerned about the trickle down effect this may cause.Dec 6, 2012