Wealthy Californians reeling from a new state income tax are preparing to pack up and bail out. What would you do?
31 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 63 previous comments
- Our Govt. bailed out private corporations because they had purchased the toxic assets that Our Govt. created - Our Govt created this whole situation, so if anyone thinks that Our Govt regulating more will fix these types of problems - we are doomed to see more of this. The best regulator of risk is the free market (with the possibility of loss for bad decisions) - when a Govt removes risk with regulations to buy votes - we get these types of problems.Jan 29, 2013
- I am 100% in favor of term limits. In fact, I have come to believe that term limits are probably the only way to fix our broken government. Thing is - I don't really think that it is realistic - foxes are guarding the hen house and the hens don't have a chance.Jan 29, 2013
- Interesting discussion, you 2. With regards to term limits, I'm all in favor of it! To me, term limits ensures that no one politician can be bought...after all, if you run for office, odds are you are doing so NOT because you're being backed by some high paying/financing entity, but because you genuinely want to make this country better (be it via your liberal or conservative point of view). And term limits, because of the reason people run for office, makes it ultra hard (though obviously not impossible) to have wealthy companies lobby successfully to enact legislation that prevents competition.
Secondly, as for getting the "bums" out of office...that means redistricting. I say redistricting should be outlawed and instead, at the federal level, it should be based on the counties you have in your state. Make the total reps in the House based on a simple factor of 1 State House Rep for every 10,000 people in your State. And the Reps represent the county that they are from. That and take away the salaries of these elected officials. What ever happened to SERVING your country...instead of mooching off of it?Jan 29, 2013
- You just took ALL the fun out of being a Politician !!!Jan 29, 2013
- , and who ever said being a politician was supposed to be fun?!? It was meant to be a civic duty...nothing more. The fact that we've allowed politicians to make a civic duty into a high paying career is what is wrong with this country.Jan 29, 2013
- You are 100% correct!!Jan 29, 2013