Congressional Budget Office report warns automatic cuts, tax hikes could send already-anemic economy into reverse unless lame-duck Congress, President Obama can find compromise.
16 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 75 previous comments
- Didnt Obama mention something about creating a secretary of business? We already have one but he should appoint Romney to that position. Its bipartisan and Romney knows what it takes to bring this country back economically.Nov 11, 2012
- People who work full time jobs (no matter where) want to be able to afford the basics, after a hard month of work, without needing government assistance. People need to be able to afford a car payment of at least $280 a month, Rent of at least $850 a month, food expenses of at least $300 a month, utilities of at least $500, and a remainder of at least 400 to go towards savings or personal expenses. On average, people working 160 hours a month should be making at least $15 an hour no matter what they do. Believe it or not, this is actually on the low scale when you think about the cost of living in cities like New York and Los Angeles. The $850 Rent would be a major difficulty, but my example is that of the extreme. (Read the entire article below)
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-working-class-free-stuff-reallyNov 11, 2012
- My employer tells me that by refusing to sign up for their health care plan, now that Obamacare is in effect, the government will be charging me a tax penalty of some $3,000.00 a year, I have to laugh, because even a that cost, I am saving money. Our average employee takes home about $16,000.00 a year, but basic health benefits to cover the family is $10,000.00 a year through my employer. Some choice!!!Nov 12, 2012
- Hmmmm... So it would seem that the answer is for the government to consume more of America's wealth.
Let the rape of the tax payers begin. BOHICA!!!!Nov 16, 2012
- HISTORY SAYS THAT IN EGYPT, The obelisk symbolized the sun god Ra, and during the brief religious reformation of Akhenaten was said to be a petrified ray of the Aten, the sundisk. It was also thought that the god existed within the structure. The Washington Monument is an obelisk on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., built to commemorate the first American president, General George Washington. The monument, made of marble, granite, and bluestone gneiss is both the world's tallest stone structure and the world's tallest obelisk, standing 555 feet 51⁄8 inches (169.294 m). Taller monumental columns exist, but they are neither all stone nor true obelisks.
Is it a contradiction to say that America is a Christian nation, knowing that the government, the citizens, and the leaders have embraced pagan structures that were once used for Sun/God worship? If you are a Christian or a Muslim, what does the Bible or the Qur'an say about such things?
http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/wash/dc72.htmNov 17, 2012
- What matters is not how much they want to make doing a specif job, but rather how much that labor is worth on the market. If they want more, they need to make an effort to increase their value as a worker. Education, new skills, etc.Nov 18, 2012