Syria and Iran have threatened to retaliate for an Israeli air raid near the capital Damascus.
13 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 48 previous comments
- Obama may or may not be a Muslim, however his actions towards Israel have not been in their best interests.Feb 4, 2013
- Some of us are already on the floor, but we aren't laughing. The current administration is kicking most of us down here in the ribs.Feb 4, 2013
- I do "get out and listen", but when those putting forth the so called "facts", try to list known falsehoods as "facts", such as Obama being a Muslim, it is kinda hard to take anything they say seriously, when they cant even get the basics correct.
That's not to say some of the other things are not totally correct, but it is like trying to listen to someone provide additional information, after they just told you the Earth is flat. They tend to just lose all sense of credibility.Feb 4, 2013
- To Graden Guynn....Amen. Just another case: We're giving Afghans weapons, personnel for training and money. For what? To fight against us again in a couple of years? When the administration can't balance the budget? Jackass is the right term to use for all of the Administration. Not just the Head Turd in Charge.Feb 4, 2013
- The less the US states on Israel in public, the easier it is for the US to keep all options open. A big advantage for the US, with very little cost. As to weapons to Egypt, it would be VERY hard for Egypt to use any against the US's wishes, given it is all US tech, requires all US parts, and at least for now, Egypt is trying to keep on good terms with the US, AND has a peace treaty with Israel they have yet to violate.Feb 5, 2013
- It would be "hard" because using them against Israel, would cause an issue the US couldn't ignore, and Egypt knows this. Using them in this manner would not be something the US would look the other way at. As to using them on their own populations, Egypt is not Syria, the use would be beyond limited, and would lead to far worse of a situation for those in power, than not using them ever would. Also, I place far more trust in Egypt's military, than I do in either the Govt of Egypt or the opposition. The Egyptian military is NOT going to risk loss of access to those weapons, just to back ANOTHER doomed regime. (Which it would be if it used them on the population) Not to mention the US has all the secret access codes, etc, that the jets and other items operate on. As to parts, F16 parts are not just laying around, and if you think China can just hand them to Egypt, you are misguided, to say the least. Any low tech weapons would be a minor issue, and any high tech weapon is under tight US control for all the parts that matter in warfare. Kinda hard to surprise someone, when the US can provide all the frequencies etc that jet and other machines communicate on.Feb 5, 2013