Two wind turbines towering above Falmouth, Mass., were intended to produce green energy and savings -- but they've created angst and division, and may now be removed at a high cost as neighbors complain of noise and illness.
15 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 17 previous comments
- I never said anything about US, Iraq or Afghanistan. Interesting the reactions that suggest that I did.
Countries have warred over energy stores for centuries; oil for the past 100 years. Soviets/Russians, Chinese, Europeans and several other nations have fought (directly or by proxy) over oil.
Any claim that US hasn't done the same in the past 60 years (Operation Ajax, anyone?), has a Pollyanna flavor.
If I don't see you again, have a great weekend.Feb 26, 2013
- the Amish are behind it all! Seriously, it is a definite pattern.Feb 26, 2013
- Vietnam? The Congo? Please tell me. Perhaps you mean some future war. Sounds like a good reason to Drill Here.Feb 26, 2013
- i agree.. sorta. .
The wars your talking about are a little more base in nature and dont just pertain to energy. They are mostly you have something and I want it.. cold be oil, could be tea.. could be gold
Men dont need a reason to fight, its as old as Cain and Abel.
Now if we lived on solor and wind power alone, does that make us safer? I doubt it.there are dangerous creeds that just hate the us because we have the right to free speach and religion. . Should we give those up as well? And what would stop someone or some group wanting to take over the us because we have the best wind and solor technology and its now made us all rich...
People will always find a reason to envy and untill we learn to control that (which I dont think is possible) we will have wars over something..Feb 26, 2013
- Yeah, but the DNC keeps telling us this is the way to power freedom (as if that's something they wanted...)
Another Leftist boondogle. Why do people listen to them?Feb 26, 2013
- A good place to put the turbines would be in Detroit. Tear down all the ghettos and drug holes and put up a couple thousand .A great payback for the City that voted for him and now demand a bail out .Feb 27, 2013