With no background music, Beyonce belted out the "The Star-Spangled Banner" at a press conference about her upcoming Super Bowl performance.
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 7 previous comments
- I don't know if any of you heard her sing the star spangled banner, I just have to say that it wasn't that good.Feb 1, 2013
- Hey Jesus are you saying it was poor lip synching?Feb 1, 2013
- Watching the inauguration, Beyonce's rendition of The Star Spangled Banner was magnificent. The live moment was unforgettable. The ensuing revelation that it was prerecorded took nothing away from that moment. Since there were variables that may have risked problems with a live performance made it prudent to opt for her prerecorded version, which is not uncommon in the industry.
I give extra credit for the live renditions of James Taylor's America the Beautiful, Kelly Carlson with My Country Tis Of Thee and The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir's Battle Hymn of the Republic. All three songs made my American heart beat louder.
We all know what the Battle Hymn was written for. 'His terrible swift sword' and 'Crush the serpent with his heel'. The Lord must have missed a few.
As far as Beyonce's "Her People" are concerned, it was a great day for Americans and for Dr. Martin Luther King's legacy to witness the second inauguration of a great man.
Be as bitter for as long as you like. Let me know how the bile tastes.
Feb 1, 2013
- this is news?Feb 1, 2013
- That bile has an aftertaste that will last until January 2017.
Enjoy it.Feb 3, 2013
- So she lip synced at the Super Bowl too?Feb 4, 2013