Officials say there was a fire and an explosion that caused the balloon to plunge from the sky and crash into sugar cane fields west of Luxor on Tuesday.
8 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- An official with the state prosecutor's office said initial findings show that the accident occurred when the pilot's landing cable was caught around a helium tube. He spoke anonymously because the investigation is ongoing.
And because he's an idiot. Or at least very badly translated. Hot air balloons don't use helium. I suspect he said something like "gas tube"...containing propane or similar fuel for the heater,Feb 26, 2013
- Reporters are idiots. Helium does not burn, but the propane fuel for the burner does.Feb 26, 2013
- After a complete investigation, I'm sure it will be uncovered that Zionist pig-men created the explosion.Feb 26, 2013
- we must have legislation ! lolFeb 26, 2013
- Hot Air control would put DC out of business.Feb 26, 2013
- Feb 26, 2013