Congressional Democrats introduced a new and broader assault-weapons ban Thursday, in a vivid press conference that included a display of various weapons they want to outlaw.
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 39 previous comments
- Are you surprised Dale? Government is always exempt from gun bans. I'd like to know what that bitch is going to do about all the people she would put on unemployment. Gun makers are people too.Jan 25, 2013
- Alexa, you couldn't be more wrong. Not only does the NRA oppose this bill but so don't their members of which I am a Life Member. We also oppose calling any of these regulations "common sense". We would, however, gladly sit down and talk about which of the 20,000 gun laws already non the books you would like to repeal.Jan 25, 2013
- Since when is a right a need? You don't "need" that computer you use for the 1st amendment, so you should only be able to use government approved ink, written on government approved paper, and edited by government. How about that need now?Jan 25, 2013
I too am an NRA lifetime member. this "bill" is not any sort of regulation. it is a BAN on ALL guns. It would be the first step in a government search and seize operation. Why do you think it is so vague. They want to outlaw guns with "Military Characteristics"? That describes every gun ever made.
NO NRA MEMBER SUPPORTS THIS BILL. You are naive if you think they do.Jan 25, 2013
- Imagine if we swung this debate in another direction and said, why do you have a right to birth control? Where does it say in the Constitution that you need to have sex without the risk of making a baby? It isn't in there.Jan 25, 2013
- I'm hearing crickets. Did I make the argument too well?Jan 25, 2013