The star of Long Island high school girls' field hockey team has been kicked off the team for being too dominant of a player -- could it be because the star player is...a boy?
10 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Maybe I'm old fashioned but boys' teams are for boys and girls' teams are for girls. If you want to mix them start a co-ed team. I feel it is perfectly normal and healthy for teams to be gender specific.Apr 26, 2012
- Did you read the article and see the point about the Federal law: The decision to remove Keeling from the team raises questions about the school’s compliance with Title IX, a federal law that states both men and women should have an opportunity to play a sport if the school offers it to the opposite sex
In any case, perhaps the school should see how many boys might be interested in field hockey and attempt to establish a male team. Are there only girl teams that play field hockey in Long Island? Are there no other boys on any other teams at other schools?Apr 26, 2012
- From the article: Keeling, who played for Southampton High School's varsity girls' field hockey team for the past two years, was told he could no longer play next year after becoming the team's star.
He played for two years before becoming the star and getting kicked off the team. We don't know that he's physically stronger: we know that he played for most of his life in Ireland. It stands to reason that he probably was already going to be the dominant player when he joined the team. They should have told him no from the beginning if they didn't want an issue in the future.Apr 26, 2012
- If the girls can go out for the football team, then let him play.Apr 26, 2012
- Title 9 is only for women?Apr 26, 2012
- that's nuts! where can I post a headline story about my son Bryce? EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE WITHHELD IN STATES MURDER CASE AGAINST 15 YR OLD SPECIAL NEEDS MINOR CHILD NAME BRYCE. 09-12 SCHEDULED TO BE TRANSFERED OVER TO ADULT NOTORIOUS UNIT. BEFORE HE DIED THE VICTIM NAMED HIS MURDERER, HE NAME DHIS OWN SON NICK. BRYCE IS NOT GUILTY, NOT CULPABLE. PLEASE STOP TRANSFER/GIVE ME BACK MY SON! TOP TEN EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE WITHHELD...TEXAS, http://www.brycesbattle.bloogspot.com
that is my shout out for my wrongfully convicted/personal injury/rights violation against my child, disabiltiy status other health impaired.
GIVE HIM BACK!!!!!
http://www.4brycesbattle.orgApr 29, 2012