“The Jesus-Eating Cult of Rick Santorum” – Ariana Huffington receives flack from socially conservative leaders after a “bigoted and unacceptable” column was posted on her website.
7 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 43 previous comments
- Who said the government was forcing the church to pay for contraception and abortion? That is a figment of your intolerance. The law says health care providers should provide contraception and birth control as part of their over all plan for women. If you are talking hypocrisy on religion how about all the hoopla about burning another holy book the Koran? Conservatives howled when the president apologized. He was being respectful of another religion.
Apparently in our country it is God Bless America and Nobody Else.Mar 2, 2012
- And your ignorance of how health care works for many of these church and faith-based groups. Some of these groups have health care that is not connected with any outside insurance/health care providers...they are in-house i.e. arms of the religious organizations themselves. As to your comments about the apology for the burning of the Koran (which such desecration was stupid in light of everything that is known about such an act), I find it intriguing that you will jump to defend said apology...but then label as hypocritical the questioning of the whole health care provider issue. I have to give you credit, though...."figment of your intolerance" is an excellent phrase. I would also like to point out that everyone is intolerant of something, whether they are willing to admit it or not. In fact, to call another person "intolerant" is its own form of intolerance. :-) Thanks for the post!Mar 2, 2012
- Why aren't these employers offering their employees health care? Why are religious institutions given tax free exemption
when they are not providing even basic health care needs to their employees? If they want that tax break they need to follow the law. Why are they crying foul on first amendment rights when they opt out of the most basic of obligations? Maybe the Justice Department should look into the influence peddlers from the pulpit.Mar 2, 2012
- You live in America Charles. Where democracy is about separation of church and state. If you don't like it go live in a theocracy somewhere. You can't impose your will on the rest of us just because you believe some whacko theory about Satan. And if the church wants to be political then they can start paying taxes and taking care of their employees.Mar 2, 2012
- Charles... troll away. You have already been told many times. You don't have to pay for it. And unless you are celibate or don't have a girlfriend you are getting it free with her health care. Insurance companies pay for the birth control. Because it is cost effective for them. They don't have to pay for a full term pregnancy. Churches want tax free status but then want to weigh in on social issues. Nope. No can do!! Bye. Get your insurance policy out. If you have none ask why. Have a good day.Mar 2, 2012
- How fuck up do you have to be to think she right.Dec 6, 2012