Before Starting to Search for a Home
Infographic on tips and advice for homebuyers on how to start searching for a home.
Consider the following checklist:How much can you afford?
- Size of down payment
- Closing and move-in costs
- Mortgage payments and taxes
- Monthly other home expensesHow's Your Credit?
- Get a credit report
- Correct credit report errors
- Clean up past credit issues
- Avoid new debtWhere Do You Want to Live?
- Prioritize Neighborhoods
- Consider area amenities
- Commute times
- What about schoolsWhat Kind of Home?
- Home type - bungalow, townhouse...
- New or older
- Number of rooms and bathrooms
- How large a land componentHow to start your search
- Get pre-qualified for a mortgage
- Engage a Realtor you can trust
Anything else to add?
for "All Real Estate Info"#homebuyer #homesearch