-- Charles Eisenstein
-- Charles Eisenstein
Great post on how to design cities based upon small local communities fully sustainable and fully thriving. Circular Economy at its best!
Keynes also suggested that the economic pessimism of the time was not justified and that: “We are suffering, not from the rheumatics of old age, but from the growing-pains of over-rapid changes, from the painfulness of readjustment between one economic period and another.”
In this article I discuss this readjustment—what others have called The Great Transition—from a linear to a circular economy and from a centralised to a distributive city structure.
~ by Frederic Laloux / Reinventing Organizations
“The whole notion of competition makes no sense,” says de Blok. “If you share knowledge and information, things will change more quickly.”
Organizations are moving forward along an evolutionary spectrum, toward self-management, wholeness, and a deeper sense of purpose.
Postmodernity brought us another world view. The Green stage stresses cooperation over competition and strives for equality, solidarity, and tolerance. Historically, this perspective inspired the fights for the abolition of slavery, and for gender equality, and today it helps combat racism, homophobia, and other forms of discrimination. Green organizations, which include many nonprofits as well as companies such as Southwest Airlines, Starbucks, and the Container Store, consider social responsibility the core of their mission. They serve not just shareholders but all stakeholders, knowing that this often results in higher costs in the short term, but better returns in the end.
Like previous leaps to new stages of management, the new model comes with a number of important breakthroughs:
• Self-management. Teal organizations operate effectively, even at a large scale, with a system based on peer relationships. They set up structures and practices in which people have high autonomy in their domain, and are accountable for coordinating with others. Power and control are deeply embedded throughout the organizations, no longer tied to the specific positions of a few top leaders.
• Wholeness. Whereas Orange and Green organizations encourage people to show only their narrow “professional” selves, Teal organizations invite people to reclaim their inner wholeness. They create an environment wherein people feel free to fully express themselves, bringing unprecedented levels of energy, passion, and creativity to work.
• Evolutionary purpose. Teal organizations base their strategies on what they sense the world is asking from them. Agile practices that sense and respond replace the machinery of plans, budgets, targets, and incentives. Paradoxically, by focusing less on the bottom line and shareholder value, they generate financial results that outpace those of competitors.
Becoming a Teal Organization
Every stage of organizational evolution is more mature and effective than the previous stage, because of the inherent attitude toward power. A Red leader asks, How can I use my power to dominate? An Amber leader asks, How can I use it to enforce the status quo? An Orange leader asks, How can we win? A Green leader asks, How can we empower more people? A Teal leader asks, How can everyone most powerfully pursue a purpose that transcends us all?
At the core of transforming the current social field from ego-system to eco-system is the transformation of the economy and of economic thought. Rethinking the key categories of economic thought from ego- to eco-system awareness includes the reframing of:
• Nature: from commodity to eco-system
• Labor: from jobs to creative entrepreneurship
• Capital: from extractive to intentional
• Technology: from system-centric to human- and eco-centric
• Leadership: from individual heroism to co-sensing & co-shaping the future
• Consumption: from consumerism to conscious, collaborative sharing
• Coordination: from hierarchy and competition to co-creative fields
• Ownership: from state and private to commons-based ownership rights
Facilitating these shifts in the economy requires a whole suite of institutional innovations. These institutional innovations need to be complemented with innovations in learning infrastructures, such as collective cultivation practices that build the collective capacity to co-sense and co-create.
_Shared for free via _
This is a fabulous vision!
People of the free internet, we now have the opportunity to create a world where we choose to work a 4 hour work week at our whim, collaborating globally with whom we like, freely choosing compensation in currency or equity, frolicking in our hyper-creative and artistic, fractally self-organized fluid work groups, protected from catastrophic risk by a basic income provided by our egalitarian peer to peer protocols.
In this vision the tragedy of the commons is stamped out like polio by a collaborative network of trust and enforced by a consensus-based cryptographic protocol that ensures our aligned incentivization towards the expression of our personal and collective purpose.
Are you in? Ground control to Major Tom?
The best of this vision is the whole article that comes with it. Go ahead and be part of the crypto economic revolution
#crptoeconomy #bitcoin #blockchain #visions
I think you will love it
Shared for free via
- Collective Intelligence and collective wisdom (processes, tools, research)
- Gift economies (Generosity and well-being in the system level)
- Next economies (currencies, wealth, collaborative economies)
- Organizations in the XXI century. What I call 'Wisdom-driven organizations'
- Invisible architectures like language, social codes, money
- Integral theory and practice
- Personal mastery (body / mind / spirit)
- Paradigm shifts and what enables them
- Social artistry
- Women and the path of the goddess
- Conscious evolution
- VillageLabSocial creator, founder, 2012 - presentVillageLab is an agile and lean NGO. As such we are all polymorphic beings playing different roles, functions in it. I am mainly devoted to: Organizational Development, Community Management, Content strategy, Socialmedia
- MetacurrencyPolymorphic, weaver, creator, 2010 - 2014Creating the infrastructure for the Next Economy. I am a speaker for metacurrency principles and values. I co-create with others and play mainly in socialmedia, content strategy and community development.
- Emerging Leader LabsSourcerer and Facilitator, 2012 - 2014Emerging Leader Labs is about placemaking, its about manifestation, co-creation and the spirit of Gifting. Its a container for young leaders (of all ages) to thrive and be fully supported to work in their project, learn how to build a team, experience agile tools and processes and present in public. Its also about fun and being part of something larger than themselves.
- Collective Intelligence Research InstituteCo-founder, R&D, 2009 - 2014Research and Development. I did a lot of conferences, workshop and two international Congress In France.
- TheTransitionerCommunity gardener, 2007 - 2013Collective Intelligence ThinkTank
- Community WealthUS west coast tour, 2012The Community wealth tour was a Gift Economy tour around the west coast
- Centifolia 2011 CongressCollective intelligence designer, facilitator and speaker, 2013The spirit of Centifolia and Centisophia was to gather decision makers of the perfume and cosmetics industry to speak about 'The Wealth of a Product' to infuse consciousness and further capacities to participate in the worlds transformation while generating wealth for people and planet
- Centre de Promotion des EnterpriseOrganizational development, 2011
Schools put genius child in special ed, tell mom he can't learn. Now he'...
A genius boy whose IQ is higher than Albert Einstein is on his way to possibly winning a Nobel Prize after being set free of special educati
Yoga Videos, Yoga Classes, Video Downloads - My Yoga Online
Yoga videos classes at My Yoga Online. My Yoga is the top online resource for yoga downloads and streaming content, videos, articles, yoga p
Inspire the Beauty industry! Tell them how to help you live a conscious ...
Contribute to this beautiful piece. Share your values, perspectives, insights, questions with decision-makers of the 'beauty industry'. Let
Consumer futures-2020 Scenario’s for tomorrow consumers Toolkit part-2-g...
consumer futures 2020 how to use the scenariosfacilitator notesIf you plan on using the scen
YCteen's Toxic Products Slideshow | Centifolia 'From Cosmetics to CosmET...
Chemicals in your shampoo, lotion, deodorant, and even hand sanitizer could be doing more harm than good. For the full story, go to http://