IT Project Manager / Application Performance Analyst, 2012 - present
- Managed projects to implement, instrument and maintain end-to-end monitoring solutions for web applications in multiple environments, including Development, QA, Production and Disaster Recovery in order to ensure availability and predict possible problems with the applications.
- Managed timelines and resources across multiple projects simultaneously efficiently.
- Identified and troubleshot issues found with the implemented monitoring
- Developed strong root cause analysis skills.
- Explained and promoted the benefits of the monitoring solutions available to
clients and coordinated the efforts to deploy these solutions with multiple teams
from start to finish.
- Ensured that tasks from the different actors are completed within schedule in
order to meet project goals.
- Supported performance tests in order to make sure the implemented solutions don’t impact the performance of the applications.
Trainee Engineer, 2011 - 2012
- Generated reports to keep track of the status of the servers using Excel, VB and SQL to query Oracle databases.
- Implemented and configured tools for monitoring and analyzing technology assets (hardware performance monitors as well as Web application monitors). Used tools like HP LoadRunner 11 (Topaz), Business Availability Center and CA Wily Instroscope.
- Automated reports with SQL and Excel to reduce the time for creating them from hours to minutes.
- Generated scripts for monitoring performance and availability of web applications.
- Generated daily reports using Excel and Sharepoint about backup failures in order to focus efforts to remediate them.
Campus Ambassador, 2008 - 2009
- Promoted open-source technologies from Sun Microsystems, like OpenSolaris, Java, JavaFX, NetBeans and MySQL.
- Held several tech-talks and demos per month for the students at multiple universities across Chile.
- Led Open Source clubs on-campus and in the community.
- Developed a high capacity of self-learning.
- I gained valuable experience presenting in public in front of hundreds of people on each session, generating relationships with students and academic authorities.
Universidad de Concepción
Web Administrator, 2009 - 2009
- Maintained and installed new plugins for the Computer Science Website.
- Standardized the website for the Computer Science Department according to the W3C standards.
- Kept the website updated with the latest news and publications from professors and students.
- Re-designed modules of the UI using HTML and CSS in order to improve User Experience.