Day One Convention Thoughts:
1) HOW AM I STILL AWAKE?
2) We had a TON of first-time convention delegates in our Senate District. Our leadership pointed it out, praised it, then exhorted the veterans to adopt and help the newcomers. This is why I appreciate Tina Gibson and Marvin Clede so much. They help set the tone for cooperation and goodwill.
3) Who leaves their potatoes at the train station? Seriously, folks, people need to keep track of their tubers.
4) I haven't broken out the poppers or the kazoo. Yet.
5) Insomnia bites.
6) No. really.
7) There are a lot of nice, smart people in the RPT. And I know a ton of them. They give me hope.
8) Really, margaritas are not my bag.
9) San Antonio is stupid for no longer hosting us.
10) Five a.m. comes early.