No matter where a ball is placed on the curve, it will roll to the bottom in the same amount of time.
The curve is called the tautochrone, and it is an inverted cycloid. A cycloid is the line traced out by a point on a rolling circle.
Christiaan Huygens discovered this remarkable property of the cycloid in 1659.
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \ .
Bob is building an army
This tank & Bob are against Facebook.
Copy and Paste this all over Google+ if you are with us
- Imagination PlusWeb Developer, 2012 - present
- ABELSoft Inc.Junior Software Developer, 2012 - 2012
- Independent Electricity System OperatorWeb Developer, 2011 - 2012
- Ottawa ComputechWeb Developer / Computer Technician, 2009 - 2011
I'm a developer located in Canada focused primarily on web development, although I hack around on Android development for fun.
Languages I Use And Specialize In
Circle me for web tutorials, resources, and tech news.
- Mohawk CollegeSoftware Development, 2009 - 2012