Grab it from the Play Store now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.actionlauncher.playstore&hl=en
This update has been a very long time coming, but it's finally ready.
The main focus of this release was to upgrade the base code to Marshmallow's Launcher3 code. By doing so, Action Launcher gained notable usability enhancements including the addition of fast scroll in the All Apps drawer, a much improved widget picker, infinite paged folders and more, as well getting the code in a place where updating to future versions of Launcher3 should occur much faster.
This update also contains another 10 highly requested settings/features/tweaks, in addition to a host of bug fixes, optimizations and improvements in memory usage.
Finally, I've also added an Alpha of Google Now integration (demo video: https://youtu.be/K25y71STgaY), which works really well. Unfortunately using it does require Action 3 to be a system app, but that's entirely down to the way Google implemented the API. This is my first feature that requires users to tinker with their device to use, so I'll be interested to see how the reception is to that. Hopefully Google has a change of heart and opens the API up for all apps sooner rather than later so everyone can use it, but for now, unfortunately, only a subset of the audience will be able to use it. I've published a FAQ post detailing all the ins and outs of the Now integration here. Please be aware that aside from entries in the in-app FAQ, all Now integration options are hidden unless your device is rooted, or Action Launcher 3 is a system app. Finally, keep in mind this feature may be removed at any point, especially if Google take issue with its inclusion for any reason.
This is easily the largest update I've ever done (something I'm not exactly proud of given how long its been between updates), but hopefully ya'll will like it.
The full change log for Action Launcher 3s July 2016 update is as follows:
• NEW: Update base code to Android 6.0.1's Launcher3 code. Notable usability enhancements include the addition of fast scroll in the All Apps drawer, a much improved widget picker and infinite paged folders and more. This base code upgrade also sees a year's worth of Google's bug and stability and performance fixes.
• NEW: Can select pure black color via Quicktheme.
• NEW: Option to disable the Quickdrawer (Settings -> App drawers -> Quickdrawer).
• NEW: Option for enabling dark icons on the status bar (Settings -> Display -> Dark status bar icons). Note: requires Android 6.0 or later.
• NEW: Option to enable overlapping widgets (Settings -> Desktop -> Overlapping widgets).
• NEW: When dragging existing Home screen items, display Edit and Uninstall shortcuts.
• NEW: Add shortcut to jump straight to the system's device storage browser (requires Android 6.0 or later).
• NEW: Add shortcut to trigger a music search (via Google App).
• NEW: Add shortcut to jump to weather forecast (via Google App).
• NEW: Add shortcut to jump to the settings via the System Settings -> Apps -> Action 3 app page (requires Android 7.0).
• NEW: Added old material design versions of Google Play apps to in-built icon pack.
• NEW: Option to enable Google Now integration (Alpha). Note: REQUIRES ACTION 3 TO BE A SYSTEM APP. Please see FAQ for full details. Option will appear in Settings -> Desktop -> Google Now integration (Alpha) for rooted devices only.
• IMPROVEMENT: Reduced app's memory usage. Especially apparent when using an Icon Pack and/or Smartsize icons.
• IMPROVEMENT: Samsung Knox support.
• IMPROVEMENT: Engaging Quickedit with many icon packs installed is both much faster and more reliable.
• IMPROVEMENT: Support icon packs that use vector drawables.
• IMPROVEMENT: Use high-res Google icon on the Quickbar.
• BUG FIX: Importing from TouchWiz's launcher works when running Marshmallow.
• BUG FIX: Fix alignment of text/icon on Hidden apps dialog.
• BUG FIX: Newly installed apps will apply the current icon pack's icon.
• BUG FIX: Don't display Shutters on Quickedit when Shutters are disabled.
• BUG FIX: Countless other stability fixes.
As always, a nice review on the Play Store is always appreciated 😀
- Sanoma | NU.nlFront-end Developer, 2012 - presentNu.nl is the leading digital news brand in The Netherlands. My tasks here vary from creating simple HTML and CSS layouts to building entire front-ends using Django's powerful template engine. This business moves fast so I'm always expected to be on top of latest developments. It feels great knowing there's such a big audience enjoying our brand on a daily basis.
- WebsaurusFounder, 2011 - presentWebsaurus is the brand I use for my webhosting activities. I have always been a passionate Linux user and over the years have gathered quite some knowledge about it's capabilities. I started looking into setting up web servers, simple LAMP stacks to begin with and later on some more advanced configurations. One day I just figured.. why not offer hosting as a service to my clients? After all, I've built their websites from concept to design to the actual product. Why not host it and go full-service. This turned out to be a great idea and I founded Websaurus to give it a name and face. I now also offer standalone hosting.
- The Black FishVolunteer, 2010 - presentEuropean based conservation organisation on a mission to change attitudes towards our precious oceans and work to protect the unique life within them.
- Sanoma Media | AutoWeekWeb Designer/Developer, 2010 - 2012At Sanoma Media I am responsible for mainly two titles, those being AutoWeek and Formule1. It is my job to design and develop parts and/or the entire front-end for these large websites. Occasionally I do some back-end work on mainly php (CakePHP) powered sites but I'm also digging into Python (Django) as this will become the new standard around here.
- Albert Heijn
- In de VingersDesigner/Developer, 2008 - 2010My job at In de Vingers consists of a variety of different tasks. I'm mainly the web designer and front-end developer around here. But It's quite common I'm working on graphic designs (print media) as well. At In de Vingers everyone is supposed to know a bit of everything. This is mainly due to the fact that we're a small business with lots of ambitions.
- 72dpi (internship)Web Designer/Developer, 2007 - 2007
- Formlab (internship)(Flash) Web designer, 2006 - 2007
- Hogeschool van AmsterdamIT, 2009 - 2009
- Mediacollege AmsterdamInteraction Design, 2004 - 2008
- Bertrand Russel College2001 - 2004
- OBS De Komeet1994 - 1998
Purify －Save Power Boost Speed - Android-apps op Google Play
Purify is a tiny tool allowing you to optimize the running speed and overall performance of your mobile devices. It can automatically put le
TabTrader Bitcoin Trading - Android-apps op Google Play
TabTrader is een trading terminal voor bitcoin wisselkoersen Coinbase, Huobi, ANXPRO, HitBtc, BTC-E, BTCChina, Bitstamp, Kraken, Justcoin, B
Hermit • Lite Apps Browser - Android-apps op Google Play
Native apps eating up battery and slowing down your phone, even when you’re not using them?SWITCH TO LITE APPS TODAYCreate your own shell ap
ProtonMail - Encrypted Email - Android-apps op Google Play
“ProtonMail offers encrypted email, which makes it virtually impossible for anyone to read it except the sender and the recipient.” Wall Str
Keepass2Android Password Safe - Android-apps op Google Play
Keepass2Android is an open source password manager application for Android. It reads and writes .kdbx-files, the database format used by the
Hydro Coach - drink water - Android Apps on Google Play
Drinking water regularly is a big challenge in day-to-day life. Hands up â€“ who really drinks enough water every day? Hydro Coach will help
Conversations (Jabber / XMPP) - Android-apps op Google Play
Conversations is an open source Jabber / XMPP client for Android 4.0+ smart phones.Design principles • Be as beautiful and easy to use as po
Grumpy Weather Widget - Android-apps op Google Play
Pst...do not tell anybody! There are sooo many beautiful widgets out there. But this one is different. It is special. It is FCKING GRUMPY we
Euphoria Dark CM13 Donate - Android-apps op Google Play
NOW WITH CM13 SUPPORT. Please remember that the nightlies for marshmallow have just started. So there will If you find any bugs/ unthemed el
Swift Dark CM12 & CM13 Theme - Android-apps op Google Play
Swift Dark is a dark material theme for devices running CyanogenMod version 12, 12.1 and 13.0 (CM12/CM12.1/CM13) or similar roms with the th
PitchBlack™(DarkRed) CM13/12 - Android-apps op Google Play
2nd PitchBlack™ (DarkRed) ThemeA beautiful theme with combinations of Black and Red Only for CM12 - 13 Theme EngineNOTE: Reboot device after
Kraken Exchange Unofficial - Android Apps on Google Play
Unofficial App!With Kraken Exchange for Android you can bring Kraken.com experience in your smartphone! Trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurren
PasswdSafe - Password Safe - Android-apps op Google Play
PasswdSafe is a port of the Password Safe (http://pwsafe.org) application to Android. Password files can be synced from cloud services using