Thanks for removing the online indicators from the chat (or Hangouts or whatever) window. Another fucking retarded decision that makes the interface completely unusable. Is that coming to Android too?
10 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 17 previous comments
- I know of several colleagues who have contacted them about it, if you don't believe me, ask Google. From what I hear "for the foreseeable future" means about 6-9 months until they can be sure anyone who they can upgrade with the new in-OS upgrade system has been upgraded. I think you are falling for wishful thinking and non-comitting PR babble there. "For the foreseeable future" can be spun to mean almost anything.May 28, 2013
- as someone who's employment status is uncertain due to changes in the call centre, I fully understand what "the foreseeable future" means.
I'm simply providing you with a documented statement where Google have said that it isn't being cancelled.
Can you provide such a document? I am not going to contact someone at Google, I'm afraid I'm too small fry to know anyone.May 28, 2013
- You could just email their PR. Or you could believe me. I did some research on this and I am pretty sure what I stated above is their intent at present.May 28, 2013
- All options considered, I think I'll go with the documented statement thus far.May 28, 2013
- The other statement is well documented as well. There are several stories on this by CNET, The Verge and also (cough) Heise. Whereas you are going by a PR pitch. But whatever floats your boat. I am just telling the general public in this thread to consider that the statement you are referring to was most likely a bit of PR to calm developers.May 28, 2013
- this is why google plus will never be popular at all!!Oct 23, 2013