Hosting the Last Word on MSNBC tonight. Gonna get into why Grover Norquist is suddenly not such a scary guy, why the CEO of Goldman Sachs's plan to make you to work until you're much, much older, and we've of course got some great, great graphs. Tune in!
35 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 10 previous comments
- Glad to hear someone finally say not everyone likes their jobs. I love the company I work for, great pay with excellent benefits, but physically the work is becoming too demanding, and as I approach my mid sixties I have had to scale back my hours just to continue the work. And even though I am well educated and in good health there is no way I could find new work that pays as well with the same benefit package. Medicare and Social Security are just around the corner and I plan on being one of the so-called moochers.
Personally, I think the government should let people such as myself retire early with full SS and Medicare benefits and open my work spot to a younger person. In return I could be required to give 15 hours a week to a charity for the full benefit package. This would solve two problems of allowing me to protect my health and opening my job to someone younger with the energy and enthusiasm for doing it.Nov 21, 2012
- Oh by the way I have been paying for my SS and Medicare since 1970 after serving three years in the Marines. I didn't get the chance to flee to France as did Romney.Nov 21, 2012
- Norquist has his own agenda, I for one want my senators working for me not him.Nov 22, 2012
- I think Norquist just went into the "twilight light zone" with recent comments believing he has more clout than Obama's re-election, as they say he's gone off the freak'in reservation!Nov 22, 2012
- hi, can we be friends?Nov 23, 2012
- Dec 28, 2012